How to translate project update is available popup?

I want to translate Ignition project to Slovenian language.
How can I translate project update available popup, which is shown, when you click the yellow bar at the top?
I put english and slovenian text in the translator manager, but not all text are translated. What am I missing?

The translation manager is pretty literal in what it looks for, and the actual message is longer than what I see in your screenshot.

Try translating <HTML><P><B>There is a more recent version of this application available.</B><P><BR>This application has been updated on the Gateway.<P>Click 'Update' to update this application. instead of splitting it into different lines. (Keep the html tags in your translation.) I haven’t tested it, but looking at the code this should work. Let me know.

One of the things I’ve suggested for 7.9 is a way for users to search for these “hidden” terms to add to translations. If you posted that on ideas.inductiveautomation.com and voted for it, it would be more likely to happen. :slight_smile:

@KathyApplebaum Thank you. It works.
You’re right… how the heck can we know, how the string, which we want to translate, is created.
As for the post on ideas.inductiveautomation.com, I don’t have any votes left… :frowning:

Now, I have another popup, which I can’t translate: Screen Locked popup:
[attachment=0]screen_locked_popup_translation.PNG[/attachment]
Here also the buttons won’t translate…

:blush: Looks like the words on that screen are hardcoded. I’ll make a ticket – thanks for finding it!

The fix will be in the first beta of 7.7.7. When you upgrade, here are the phrases you’ll need to add to the global translation manager:

• This screen has been locked by
    %s
  • Screen Locked
  • Password:
    user
  • Unlock
  • Logout
  • Login failed.

[quote=“KathyApplebaum”]The fix will be in the first beta of 7.7.7. When you upgrade, here are the phrases you’ll need to add to the global translation manager:

%s
  • Screen Locked
  • Password:
    user
  • Unlock
  • Logout
  • Login failed.[/quote]
    But… I’m on 7.8 now??? :question:

Fixes in 7.7.x will regularly be pulled in to 7.8.x. Not sure if this will make it in to 7.8.1 or 7.8.2, but it will get there soon-ish.

We are now on 7.9 and this is still the same… :frowning:

I think translations need BIG revamp…