How to trigger report generation from the button?

Hi All
I have vision screen with power table and the pie chart. I need to have functionality to trigger generation of report using a simple button which saves data from the table but not pie chart in excel or pdf format The vision screen works as required but report is a problem for me :frowning:

1. Could you please help me to find a way to trigger report from the button on vision screen?
  2. Do i have to place report viewer on the vision window if its not needed to be able to trigger report generation ?

You do not need a report viewer component on a vision window to trigger report generation.

What you need is system.report.executeAndDistribute - Ignition User Manual 8.0 - Ignition Documentation

This allows you to programmatically call the gateway to make a report. You can put this script on a button.

This would also require you to make a template Report though so you need to do that first. This is all for exporting to PDF. To create PDFโ€™s require the report module.

To export to Excel, you you can use system.dataset.exportExcel - Ignition User Manual 8.0 - Ignition Documentation

1 Like

both suggestions are excellent!
thatโ€™s exactly what i needed - thank you very much!

1 Like