HTTP Parser error is launched constantly

Hi all,

Im getting this error in Ignition V7.9.11:

Illegal character 0x16 in state=START for buffer HeapByteBuffer@4ec19b22[p=1,l=517,c=8192,r=516]={\x16<<<\x03\x01\x02\x00\x01\x00\x01\xFc\x03\x03N(\xB5y?T\xB0…\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00>>>isNull=“true”/></…pa8XgCRAdNNHekL}

This error has been repeating every Saturday at the same time during 15 min. Between this time, in production lines the plc status show timeout errors. I have been searching in the internet but I havent found enough information.

Someone knows what or why this errors is launched?

Thanks!

I would check with your IT department because it sounds like some kind of network/security scan is happening at that time.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your quick response. I was checking into server event viewer and I found a lot of error related with schannel source, that makes me think that it is indeed a security issue.

Thanks!

Hi Carlos,

Were you ever able to solve this issue ? I am experiencing a very similar issue. Ignition v7.8.3 running Windows 2012 O/S serve. Ignition is crashing every Saturday. Similar messages in the wrapper logs, Lot of troubleshooting but no root cause. Thanks, Dan

Hi Dan,

The problem was due to some security updates on the servers. Uninstalling them solved the issue.

I believe we found that our v7.8 server was being scanned by an IT Cyber Security application. It must be something in the older version 7 Ignition that conflicts with the scan as it didn't affect the newer v8.x servers.

Psst! When you reply to forum posts by email, make sure you don't include your signature block, per this forum's rules.

If you cannot get right of an automatic sig block added by your email system, either don't use the email reply feature, or visit the forum immediately to edit out that material. (Which I have done for you in this case.)