HTTP Status 500

Hi!
Always, when I’m trying to watch Console:

[quote]HTTP Status 500 - Filter execution threw an exception
type Exception report
message Filter execution threw an exception
description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: Filter execution threw an exception
root cause
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Metaspace
note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/6.0.36 logs.
Apache Tomcat/6.0.36[/quote]

And sometimes (60-70 %) when I’m trying to Edit Modbus RTU over TCP Device:

[quote]HTTP Status 500 - Filter execution threw an exception

type Exception report

message Filter execution threw an exception

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Filter execution threw an exception
root cause

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
sun.misc.Unsafe.allocateMemory(Native Method)
java.nio.DirectByteBuffer.(Unknown Source)
java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(Unknown Source)
sun.nio.ch.Util.getTemporaryDirectBuffer(Unknown Source)
sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.write(Unknown Source)
sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.writeInternal(Unknown Source)
sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.write(Unknown Source)
org.apache.wicket.pageStore.DiskDataStore$SessionEntry.savePage(DiskDataStore.java:349)
org.apache.wicket.pageStore.DiskDataStore.storeData(DiskDataStore.java:181)
org.apache.wicket.pageStore.AsynchronousDataStore.storeData(AsynchronousDataStore.java:228)
org.apache.wicket.pageStore.DefaultPageStore.storePageData(DefaultPageStore.java:120)
org.apache.wicket.pageStore.DefaultPageStore.storePage(DefaultPageStore.java:154)
org.apache.wicket.page.PageStoreManager$PersistentRequestAdapter.storeTouchedPages(PageStoreManager.java:383)
org.apache.wicket.page.RequestAdapter.commitRequest(RequestAdapter.java:171)
org.apache.wicket.page.AbstractPageManager.commitRequest(AbstractPageManager.java:98)
org.apache.wicket.page.PageManagerDecorator.commitRequest(PageManagerDecorator.java:73)
org.apache.wicket.page.PageAccessSynchronizer$2.commitRequest(PageAccessSynchronizer.java:281)
org.apache.wicket.Application$2.onDetach(Application.java:1628)
org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycleListenerCollection$3.notify(RequestCycleListenerCollection.java:105)
org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycleListenerCollection$3.notify(RequestCycleListenerCollection.java:101)
org.apache.wicket.util.listener.ListenerCollection$1.notify(ListenerCollection.java:120)
org.apache.wicket.util.listener.ListenerCollection.reversedNotify(ListenerCollection.java:144)
org.apache.wicket.util.listener.ListenerCollection.reversedNotifyIgnoringExceptions(ListenerCollection.java:113)
org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycleListenerCollection.onDetach(RequestCycleListenerCollection.java:100)
org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.onDetach(RequestCycle.java:593)
org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.detach(RequestCycle.java:542)
org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.processRequestAndDetach(RequestCycle.java:285)
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.processRequest(WicketFilter.java:188)
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doFilter(WicketFilter.java:245)
note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/6.0.36 logs.

Apache Tomcat/6.0.36[/quote]

Why it happens and what I need to do to fix it?

Did you see “java.lang.OutOfMemoryError” ?
You need to edit your wrapper configuration to allow more memory, and/or get a server with more memory.

[quote=“pturmel”]Did you see “java.lang.OutOfMemoryError” ?
You need to edit your wrapper configuration to allow more memory, and/or get a server with more memory.[/quote]
Thanks for an answer!
Can you write where to find this config file and which parameters should I increase?

Look for ignition.conf in your installation folders. It varies with platform, so I won’t be more specific. (I don’t run Ignition on Windows, fwiw.) This post, while a bit outdated, is still relevant. {G1GC is the default in Java 8.}