We've currently got a system running. This isn't a huge system, allocated only around 3/4GB of memory.
This server sends out data to a backend server fairly often using HTTP post/get requests.
Something we've noticed is a large number of threads in the system using the name:
HttpClient-xxxx-SelectorManager, id= xyz
They use 0.0 CPU but with the number of them we have open (around 300 threads in total, a lot of them this thread type) I worry we have some kind of memory leak.
To do these calls we use
system.net.httpClient(), we have a few instances of these set up for various scripting modules. But only around 4 to 5 across all project scripts.