Ifm io link master AL1324 to Perspective

Hello

Has anyone successfully executed the above mentioned connection.
I am stuck on where do i add the actual device. I have downloaded and imported the UDTs and relevant project data.

This device supports either Ethernet/IP or MQTT. There are partner or 3rd party modules for each. Which route have you chosen?

Both, but id prefer Ether/IP

@pturmel will have the knowledge as he wrote an Ethernet/IP module. This one: Ethernet/IP

Alternatively use the MQTT modules from Cirrus Link

ENIP vs Phil's module, possibly MQTT via the MQTT modules, or pull the IO into a PLC you already have via ENIP and access it via the PLC.

2 Likes

There's a sample config for this device family for my module's scanner mode over here:

It may need to be tweaked for the specific device's features.

I think @Joachim_Govender wants to connect to his IFM sensors through the UDT and Perspective Templates he downloaded from Exchange.

That can be done after you've imported the UDT structures and you create instances of them through the Multi-Instance Wizard. The parameters require you to specify the hostname and port of the sensors:

That is how you can connect to each sensor based on its corresponding UDT.

I've done quite a bit of IO-Link stuff, and I particularly like IFM sensors because I don't have to do any byte swapping. I simply connect the IO-Link masters to a PLC using a generic Ethernet module, and then, I use UDTs to bring values from the sensors into Ignition.

Thanks Guys