Iframe working in Edge, Firefix but not Chrome

So I've just made a perspective view that has an iframe. In the designer the web pages show up, in Firefox v105.0.1 they show up and in Edge Version 106.0.1370.42 they show up but in Chrome Version 105.0.5195.127 the iframe is not showing up. Just listing the version numbers in case someone asks, these are all the current versions as of today. This is in windows 10 Pro.

The first couple of pages have some suggestions like changing the internet settings and downloading chrome extensions but none of that has had any effect.

Has anyone had this problem before and found a way to fix it?

iframe has various security settings across different browsers, what is in de iframe? something you(r company) owns and has control over?

Sure. But for example what/where are those security settings and what might they be changed to to help.
The content of the iframe is the webserver from a "Smart Relay" by Idec.
The webserver is only capable of serving http. I tried changing the "referrerPolicy" in the Ignition Designer but that also does not seem to have any effect. I've also messed with the windows security policy specifically the iframe setting, no effect.

The problem seems to be localized to chrome but I haven't found any specific info about what to change or update.

Any time you use an IFrame that is on a different host from your gateway, you trigger a rat's nest of security rules. "Content Security Policy" being the most significant. The most reliable way to solve this problem is to put Ignition and the other content behind a reverse proxy, like nginx or Apache. That will simultaneously allow wrapping of that HTTP-only content in HTTPS.

1 Like