[IGN-2249] Reset Page View on Logout

I discovered that when I change users, during the same session, the second user will land on the last viewed page of the previous user, even when not authorized to view that URL.

I attempted to add the Session ID and Page ID to the system.perspective.logout() function, but it does not do what I had hoped.

Do I need to put the home path in there somewhere?

Since I haven't had any replies yet, thought I would bump this.

How do I make a page/view the first page any user sees when they first login, and not the last page that was visited?

You can probably put a change script on the user timestamp property that calls system.perspective.navigate() to go to the desired page. Haven't tested this though.

EDIT: on a quick test, didn't seem to work. It briefly flashed to the navigation target before jumping back to the last visited page.

Well, it was worth the try!

Someone once said that "discovery requires experimentation".

As you've discovered, there's not a great way to do this. We do have an open feature to improve this area, where we would introduce an Event which occurs whenever the authentication of a Session changes. Such an event would allow for scripting at that time, which would allow for navigation to the home page whenever a user logs in.

1 Like

Any update on this feature?

It was scrubbed and deemed Ready for Development, but no state change beyond that.