IGN-4431 - GAN : Remote Alarm Journal or Remote History Provider - no Store and Forward mechanism?

@PGriffith,
When we use Remote Alarm Journal or Remote History Provider, could you confirm that the data are lost if the remote gateway is not reachable when the data are produced on the source gateway ?

Gateway Area Network have no sort of “Store and Forward” mechanism ?
If it’s the case, as a feature request, It would be usefull to have such of mechanism !

@mazeyrat, using Remote History Provider will create a local S&F cache so you should be good there. We do have a feature request in the queue for adding the S&F functionality to Remote Alarm Journal and Remote Audit Profile–these do not currently utilize S&F queues in Ignition Standard/Full edition.

Note that Ignition Edge Sync Services do have S&F across all three–it just isn’t available yet in Standard edition.

1 Like

Ten months later, how far in the pipeline is that feature ?

While waiting for it to be ready, how can we work this out ? What are the options ?
Could I, instead of a remote alarm journal, create a database journal and make it point to the same db as the original journal ? Would that work ?

Some context: several field/spoke gateways in several locations, and one front/hub gateway. Databases and journals are configured on front, with field gateways acting as remote tag providers.
How can I make sure I'm not losing alarm events ?

This feature is in active development right now!

1 Like

Cool, do you have an ETA ?

Also, can I have your opinion on the rest of the post, particularly this part ?

Sorry to have missed the follow-up on this one, my apologies. Looks like this feature did make it into 8.1.23:

Added store and forward functionality for remote alarm journals and audit profiles.

3 Likes