[IGN-4941]Stale Schema Records

On two independent servers, one running 8.1.10 the other running 8.1.0, I get those errors every time I create a database connection that faults, then subsequently delete the database connection. The only way I have been able to get rid of the errors is to download/upload a backup.

Has anyone in this thread contacted support?
This forum's not an official support venue.

For some context on this issue - the 'cleanup' of stale schema records is trying to clear out data in the HSQL DB 'disk cache' part of store and forward. If your disk cache is otherwise working, then it's probably not a big deal, but you should still contact support to report the issue. If your disk cache is not working, then it's obviously a big deal, and so...you should contact support. :slight_smile:

I contacted support on 04 Nov 2020, ticket 133726, they were not able to figure out why the errors were being generated or how to fix it.

Hi Rusty :slight_smile:

Did you manage to get rid of this error? Did you need to perform a backup/restore procedure?

We are struggling with the same error appearing in our logs every 30 min after we added a connection to a postgresql database, which we have deleted now.

Best regards,
Andreas

I wasn’t able to find the downtime to do a restore function, but we upgraded from Ignition 8.1.1 to 8.1.4 the the SQL bridge from 10.1.1 to 10.1.4 and the error messages stopped coming.

Hi all :slight_smile:

We had the same issue with these errors appearing in the gateway logs every half hour:

The errors appeared in the gateway logs after we had tried connecting to a new postgresql database (two connections to the same database). The connections were faulted when created, and were deleted afterwards, but the errors still appeared.

We contacted IA support (ticket #32562), and they told us:
The HsqlDataStore error is not from a faulted connection, it is a periodic maintenance task that runs in the background and tries to “clean up” the schema cache in HSQLDB.
It shouldn’t cause any issues except a (slow) disk space leak you are using system.db.runSFQuery functions.
To get rid of the errors in the gateway log, we should try running this script:

from com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway import IgnitionGateway
gateway = IgnitionGateway.get()
gateway.getExecutionManager().unRegister(“Store And Forward”, “schema prune - %s” % nameOfDatabaseConnection)

This will stop the schedule tasks without restarting the gateway.
The script needs to run on the gateway scope.

So we just created a memory tag and added this script to the value changed tag event script.

In our case we ran the script twice, against the two deleted (and faulted) database connections “Postgresql1” and “Postgresql2”.

This has effectively stopped the two errors from appearing in the gateway logs.

2 Likes