[IGN-6118] Feedback on 8.1.17 Tag Edit Window

Am I the only one who really dislikes this new tag editing window format that appeared in 8.1.17?

One of the biggest issues I have with it is that I am unable to view or edit the tags parameters from this window. It can still be done in the tag browser.

Nick

You should still be able to view/edit the parameters in the updated Tag Editor. There should be a Parameters Category in the lower-left:
Tag Editor Updates

What happens if you click on the pencil icon to the right of the parameters listing in your tag edit?

@kcollins1 I can get to here but this pen marked in red will not let me get into the parameters.

I should note that I am accessing tags on a remote server that is not running 8.1.17, rather 8.1.13.

Nick

Nick, thank you for the additional details. The access through a remote tag provider might be of note. I’ll try to reproduce this in a similar test bench. I’ll let you know what I find.

@kcollins1 I should note that our setups are all like this:

1 x Front End Gateway → Exclusively for Clients
2 x Tag Gateways

This means all of our UDT instances are never on the front end, and always on the tag servers.

Here If I go in the designer for the tag servers still on 8.1.13, I can edit and see my tags just fine, just not from the front end. We had upgraded to 8.1.17 on the front end mainly because it has a bug fix for the perspective table right most column getting cut off.

Thanks,

Nick

@nicholas.robinson, thank you once more for your report and details. I’ve been able to reproduce this and we’re now tracking a ticket internally to address it…

@nicholas.robinson

This issue is resolved in 8.1.18 is currently in the RC that is currently available. Thanks for bringing this to our attention and we apologize for any problems this caused you.

Thanks,
Garth

@ggross thanks to you guys as always for implementing feedback provided on the forum. I find this forum very useful which is why I post frequently: very likely to get some benefit.

When 8.1.18 is released we will test it.

Thanks,

Nick