[IGN-6618]Tag Provider not getting configured on upgrade from 7.9 to 8.1

Hello all,

I am upgrading Ignition from 7.9.21 to 8.1.20 and noticed the tag paths are not being updated with the upgrade. I did read through the Upgrade documentation which does go into the tag path expressions.

I do also want to point out I upgraded from 7.8.3 to 7.9.21 as this was recommended (Albeit not the exact version they suggested).

Although this seems to be a binding issue with all tags that are brought over to the new version. This is the default binding when brought over from 7.9

This is the correct path for this tag.

I know this a minimal issue, but is there a way to configure these tags to bring in the correct provider it is tied to without manually adding it to each tag?

Thank you in advance!

I’m not sure this is actually an issue. What do these bindings look like on 7.9?

Vision bindings can be qualified (with a tag provider in square brackets) or unqualified, with no tag provider specified, in which case they use the project’s default. There are advantages and disadvantages to both, but the conversion should preserve their nature.

1 Like

Hello!

This is what it shows on 7.9 regarding that tag. The only reason this initially stuck out to me was that in this version, it highlights the tag that is selected.

While this one does not highlight the tag, as well as the provider it is housed.

Thank you!

Gotcha - I think the upgrade is working fine, the problem is just that the path isn’t correctly selected in the browse tree when you open the binding editor. That’s definitely something to fix, but less worrying than the binding being totally broken :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see! Yes, I didn’t think this was a huge issue but thought to bring it up incase I missed something. Thank you for your help!

1 Like