Ignition 64 bit or 32 bit?

Hi,

Just want to know whether we should use 32 bit version of ignition or 64 bit version for evaluation or final use. I have a windows 10 laptop, which is 64 bit os. Will there be a improvement in response time if we use 64 bit version? What is the difference and advantage/ disadvantages? Does it mean the processor is 64 bit processor? Also if we download 64 bit version, will the Eclipse IDE also have to be changed to 64 bit version (I don’t know if it exists?).

Some light on it will be appreciated.

regards
Prafull

The biggest difference is that the 64-bit version can use more than 1.5GB of ram.

That aside though, it’s best to pretend 32-bit doesn’t exist unless you’re forced to install Ignition on some old 32-bit machine for some reason. Time for everyone to stop living in the past.

Make sure you have both 64-bit JRE/JDK and 64-bit Ignition.

You do not need to change anything with your Eclipse/IDE setup.

Ok, thanks a for the clear explanation. I used to think the processor should be 64 bit to be able to run 64 bit version of any sw. But I guess , its more of addressing space feature. 64 bit software can run on 32 it processor as well , as long as the OS supports, right?

regards

[quote=“Pramanj”]Ok, thanks a for the clear explanation. I used to think the processor should be 64 bit to be able to run 64 bit version of any sw. But I guess , its more of addressing space feature. 64 bit software can run on 32 it processor as well , as long as the OS supports, right?

regards[/quote]

32-bit software can run on a 64-bit OS (usually). Not the other way around.

Ok got it.
Thanks a lot.
regards