Ignition 7.2 Beta Access

[quote=“gnguyen”]- when launching mobile client, the status on the gateway page indicate a localhost (127.0.0.1) ip

• maybe a “save staged” is missing in the file menu of Designer
  • search&replace bug when selecting a new line in the result tab
  • I prefer the menu bar as seen in this thread irdesktop.com/ on iphone and like the way its handle touchscreen (with rdp), maybe a way to go[/quote]

Ok, let me address these in order:

#1 Yeah, well, the clients are running on localhost. Perhaps we can do something special for mobile clients so they can get the remote device’s IP…
#2 I don’t think so. There is “Save” and “Publish”. What would “Save Staged” do? Maybe you didn’t switch your project into manual publish mode?
#3 Can you describe this in more detail please?
#4 Sorry, that menu bar didn’t work very well on large clients when scrolling around. We’re much happier with the press-and-hold menu.
#5 We’ll be uploading that project as a demo you can use shortly. Its just a normal project that uses a striped image as a background texture and rounded rectangles and such. No magic.

[quote]#4 Sorry, that menu bar didn’t work very well on large clients when scrolling around. We’re much happier with the press-and-hold menu.
[/quote]

I’m sure there is a technical reason, but why did you go with the press and hold instead of combining tap (buttons) and drag (scroll and zoom) like other web sites?

I think you’re asking why do we need the separate modes at all.

The reason is how mobile safari works with “mouse” and “touch” events. You’ve got mouse events (mousedown, mouseup) and touch events (touchstart, touchend, etc).

Normally, we’d just use mouse events to pass through to the client, and let the browser handle the touch gestures for scroll/zoom like a normal website. The problem was that the browser doesn’t actually give the page the mouse events until all the fingers are off the webpage. I.e. it doesn’t emulate the mouse until it is sure that you’re not trying to do a touch gesture.

This meant that pressing a button felt really laggy - it didn’t even start to send the press event until your finger was off the screen. So we hooked into the mobile browser touch event API. But that meant that we had to have the user give us an indication of whether or not they’re trying to do a pointer event or a zoom/pan. Otherwise we would send mouse clicks down on the start of a zoom/pan.

Hope this makes sense,

Ok, Build 6280 is up.

Search and replace should work now. Lots of bug fixes.

[quote=“Carl.Gould”][quote=“gnguyen”]- when launching mobile client, the status on the gateway page indicate a localhost (127.0.0.1) ip

• maybe a “save staged” is missing in the file menu of Designer
  • search&replace bug when selecting a new line in the result tab
  • I prefer the menu bar as seen in this thread irdesktop.com/ on iphone and like the way its handle touchscreen (with rdp), maybe a way to go[/quote]

Ok, let me address these in order:

#1 Yeah, well, the clients are running on localhost. Perhaps we can do something special for mobile clients so they can get the remote device’s IP…
#2 I don’t think so. There is “Save” and “Publish”. What would “Save Staged” do? Maybe you didn’t switch your project into manual publish mode?
#3 Can you describe this in more detail please?
#4 Sorry, that menu bar didn’t work very well on large clients when scrolling around. We’re much happier with the press-and-hold menu.
#5 We’ll be uploading that project as a demo you can use shortly. Its just a normal project that uses a striped image as a background texture and rounded rectangles and such. No magic.[/quote]

Hi Carl,

#1 it’s obvious that this is the reason why, but sometimes it could help to know the ip of the client
#2 I don’t have a separate “save” and “publish” . So when working with staging mode, I can only save and publish the modification (or close the staging mode and restart one). See screenshot below.

#3 I cannot reproduce the problem… Sorry
#4 I understand that press and hold is more universal to deal with all the hardware and mobile os in the wild. The pb I’ve is when you have zoomed (for example to click a spinner) and the press and hold, the image is also zoomed and can be out of screen. See screenshots

#5 Oh, I thought it was magical… as you guys are magicals !

By default projects are in “Automatic” publish mode, which combines “save&publish” always. You need to “opt-in” to use the publishing system. Go to the general project properties in the designer and switch it to manual.

Great. I haven’t seen this subtely.
Thanks.

The tab strip display names are only shown on the selected tab and not on the other tabs in the design mode. However, all of the display names are shown in test mode.

The latest build (6329) fixes the issue with restoring or upgrading from older versions (referenced here).

I noticed if I open a floating window in the new designer layout it displays the window in the upper left hand corner of the screen. If I then save the project the window now displays in the upper left hand corner of the screen. Windows that have not been opened in the designer still display in the correct position. Does the new designer layout not remember window positions and is there any way to move a window’s position in the designer with a mouse instead of typing in cordinates.

The boss can in and tried connecting with his blackberry.
All he got was the spinning “Downloading” logo.

It’s the same result I get when I try to connect to the mobile module via firefox on my desktop.
My coworkers iphone works fine.

The way its supposed to work is that the new Designer should remember where the window used to be. You can now modify it using the new "Location" property for the window. But there was a bug where the new system for window positioning wasn't working. I just fixed it.

There currently isn't a way to position a window's location using the mouse with the new designer. I think that conceptually it is nicer to design windows as a "canvas" that is always at (0,0) in the designer, but this is the one sore spot - specifying the starting location for floating windows that you don't want to center. We'll see if we can come up with something...

[quote=“Robert”]The boss can in and tried connecting with his blackberry.
All he got was the spinning “Downloading” logo.

It’s the same result I get when I try to connect to the mobile module via firefox on my desktop.
My coworkers iphone works fine.[/quote]

What version of the Blackberry OS does he have?

Don’t know. It’s only a couple of months old and he’s still trying to figure out how to work it.

Mobile Module (build 6329) : Overlay behaviour

I know it’s depend on the device, but with smartphone and small screen (3" to 4,3", Android 2.2, IOS 4.x), the overlay panel is not always very usable. Is it possible to have the overlay panel to be zoom independant and also totally visible on the screen (always centered ?).
On tablet, this is not such a problem.

Fit to screen (build 6329) : it doesn’t seem to work the way it should.
With a Galaxy S (480x800) :

• set the Client/User Interface/Minimum size to 480x800 and windows to 480x800.
  • set fit to screen to true or false
    ==> same result

And still difficult if not impossible to use listbox and input field (or i don’t know how to).

When copying and pasting objects it changes from the Default Cursor to the Wait Cursor for all non-text objects. If you change it from Wait to Automatic it goes back to Wait. If you change it from Wait to Default it then stays at default.

Are the Modbus drivers handled differently in 7.2?

I am using a Digi WAN IA to do ModbusTCP to ModbusRTU over a cellular network. When I use the Ignition Version 7.1.6 (b5739) I can connect to my devices fine. When using 7.2 it just keeps trying to connect…

When I switch to a local ethernet network with the exact same settings I CAN connect but when I switch to the cellular, nada.

I’ve tried adjusting timeouts, etc. but why would it work with 7.1.6 and not with 7.2?

Hi

The container component seems to be missing from the component pallet but is visible when collapsible option is selected from view menu but there is no icon. There does not seem to be a center grip handle for moving container

Aidan

Actually created a new project and it is on pallet now, was using demo project. Still seems to be a problem with moving an ungrouped container

[quote=“Carl.Gould”]
What version of the Blackberry OS does he have?[/quote]

5.something

This is a long-standing problem that I just fixed for 7.2. Cursor property is now an integer called [tt]cursorCode[/tt], it'll be immune to all of the problems we've had with cursors changing unintentionally.