Ignition 7.2 Beta Access

[quote=“Robert”][quote=“Carl.Gould”]
What version of the Blackberry OS does he have?[/quote]

5.something[/quote]

You need 6+ for the mobile module (needs a browser that has javascript and the canvas element. Blackberry 6 has a webkit browser, just like iOS and Android)

[quote=“aidamcg”]Hi

The container component seems to be missing from the component pallet but is visible when collapsible option is selected from view menu but there is no icon. There does not seem to be a center grip handle for moving container

Aidan

Actually created a new project and it is on pallet now, was using demo project. Still seems to be a problem with moving an ungrouped container[/quote]

:scratch: Not sure why your container vanished, I think Kyle had a similar issue at one point with a palette item dropping out until he opened another project. If you see this again can you send me the contents of the Designer’s console?

As for the center handles: they’re gone! (intentionally, this time). Of course, this leaves containers in a bit of a pickle, b/c dragging in a container gives you a selection marquee. The solution is to do an Alt-drag (the status bar should give you this hint when you hover over a container). The jury is out on whether or not this change will be too confusing for users or not. I’m all ears for suggestions. I dislike the idea of having a “center handle” on a single type of component though…

FYI - doing an ALT-drag will always drag the current selection, regardless of where the mouse is. This is also handy for picking out a component that might be invisible or underneath something else and still being able to move it. Also, alt-clicking in the same spot will step you down through the z-order so you can quickly get at things underneath other things.

Its hard for me to tell from the screen shot what is going on here. I think your project minimum size should be 0,0, you should have fit-to-screen enabled, and your screen should be designed at the correct size but also set to start maximized. Are these things true?

Keyboard input should possible. It is device-specific on how to do it though. Basically you click to put input-focus in a text box, and then you need to get your browser to show you the keyboard. On an android device you can hold down the menu button to make the keyboard pop up. On an iphone you can click on the context menu's keyboard button to make an input box appear that should accept your keyboard input.

We're working on the context menu to see what we can do to make it perfect - making it zoom-independent is very tricky.

Hope this helps,

If I edit a propertyChange event in the Script Editor and create an on event.propertyName event and then try to run from the designer it does not fire the event. If I close the designer and reload the project the event will then fire when I run it.

Not happening for me. Can you give steps to reproduce?

I am unable to reproduce the error myself. It may have been related to creating a new project from a different project. I do have a more pressing concern when it comes to window editing. When I edit a window now, it adjusts the scale of all the objects in the window even if I do not make a change. I attached an example of what happens. In the designer the window looks like the Before Edit picture even after I have saved the update. I made no changes to the window other then opening the window in the designer and then closing it saving the “changes”. This effect does not occur on windows I have not edited.

I just fixed that window layout problem - we’ll upload a new 7.2.0 beta this afternoon.

Just uploaded a new version of the beta. Happy testing!

Just reviewed this thread and noticed that nobody said if my problem with palettes was fixed. So I tried importing a palette and sure enough, it was still broke.

Did this get missed in all the noise?

Yep - it got lost, sorry. I’ll be looking into it today.

[quote=“Robert”]Just reviewed this thread and noticed that nobody said if my problem with palettes was fixed. So I tried importing a palette and sure enough, it was still broke.

Did this get missed in all the noise?[/quote]

So, sure enough, this palette imports into 7.2 but the palette items themselves are unusable, as you reported. Heres the thing. They’re unusable in 7.1.6 (the version you exported from) as well. I have a suspicion that this palette hasn’t worked since the FactoryPMI days. It seems that the palette wasn’t converted correctly in the FactoryPMI legacy import.

Do you have the old FactoryPMI backup sitting around anywhere? Perhaps I could look at it and see why the palette didn’t import correctly.

What does the Red “Text” field mean with the exclamation point next to it?

[quote=“Carl.Gould”]
Do you have the old FactoryPMI backup sitting around anywhere? Perhaps I could look at it and see why the palette didn’t import correctly.[/quote]

Freshly exported from FPMI ver 3.3.3
one_line.fpal (106 KB)

This means that there are two bindings to it. ie: A style and a property binding.

[quote=“Robert”][quote=“Carl.Gould”]
Do you have the old FactoryPMI backup sitting around anywhere? Perhaps I could look at it and see why the palette didn’t import correctly.[/quote]

Freshly exported from FPMI ver 3.3.3[/quote]

Err, actually we’ll need the whole FactoryPMI Gateway backup. We decided early-on to only have a single point of exposure for conversion since the conversion from FactoryPMI to Ignition was pretty complicated, we didn’t want to have to support every type of exported entity. Naturally we chose the gateway backup as the single supported format since it includes everything.

[quote=“Carl.Gould”]

Err, actually we’ll need the whole FactoryPMI Gateway backup.[/quote]

Uploaded FPMIGatewayBackup_with_working_palettes.FPGB

I keep losing the Container object on my tabbed palette. It comes back if I close the designer and reload. Here is a pic

Tried to create a right click menu. Everything seems to run ok (no error box shows up) but the menu isn’t there.

mobile issues:

1. mobile access does not respect gateway security
  2. mobile access shows complete list of projects instead of those shown on web page.
  3. project selection page does not use custom icons
  4. “java.lang.IllegalStateException: Client VM not initialized” when starting project

edit: 4. may be because of Java 1.6.0_16. I’m upgrading to 22 now (nope, no change)

You're the third person to tell me this. If it happens again - check the designer's console and send me what is there please. I can't seem to get this to happen.