Ignition 7.3.9.648 problem: "Not enough quota..."

Hi everyone!

For a three days in a row we have the same problem: Everything works fine (tags are fine, no red tags), but operators can’t change setpoints to HVACs. After rebooting the server with Ignition everything works fine.

Today in the morning I see an error:

10:26:48 com.jniwrapper.win32.MessageLoopThread Failed to post the message to the thread. ThreadID = 4504, errorCode = 1816
com.jniwrapper.win32.LastErrorException: Not enough quota is available to process this command.
at com.jniwrapper.win32.MessageLoopThread$LoopThread.postThreadMessage(MessageLoopThread.java:408)
at com.jniwrapper.win32.MessageLoopThread.postSyncThreadMessage(MessageLoopThread.java:356)
at com.jniwrapper.win32.MessageLoopThread.postSyncThreadMessage(MessageLoopThread.java:349)
at com.jniwrapper.win32.MessageLoopThread$LoopThread.pingThread(MessageLoopThread.java:444)
at com.jniwrapper.win32.MessageLoopThread.pingMessageLoopThread(MessageLoopThread.java:252)
at com.jniwrapper.win32.MessageLoopThread.doInvokeAndWait(MessageLoopThread.java:240)
at com.inductiveautomation.opccom.wrapper.OleJob.runInOLELoop(OleJob.java:29)
at com.inductiveautomation.opccom.wrapper.subscriptions.COMSubscription.write(COMSubscription.java:671)
at com.inductiveautomation.opccom.COMServerImpl.write(COMServerImpl.java:372)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.opc.OPCManagerImpl$ServerWrapper.write(OPCManagerImpl.java:709)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.opc.OPCManagerImpl.write(OPCManagerImpl.java:449)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.contexts.BasicTagEvaluationContext.executeWrites(BasicTagEvaluationContext.java:173)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorysql.evaluation.contexts.GroupTagEvaluationContext.processWrites(GroupTagEvaluationContext.java:25)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorysql.groups.AbstractGroup.processEvaluationContext(AbstractGroup.java:506)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorysql.groups.AbstractGroup.evaluate(AbstractGroup.java:435)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorysql.groups.AbstractGroup$1.run(AbstractGroup.java:370)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorysql.evaluation.GeneralGroupExecutor.run(GeneralGroupExecutor.java:28)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.execution.impl.BasicExecutionEngine$SelfSchedulingRunner.run(BasicExecutionEngine.java:491)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.execution.impl.BasicExecutionEngine$TrackedTask.run(BasicExecutionEngine.java:573)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I attached log-file from console. Maybe it will help.

On the forum I found the following solutions of the problem:

1. Reinstall x86 java and Ignition to x64 java and Ignition
  2. Upgrade to version with fixed COM-module’s bug (blocked threads).

What you can advise?

I’m sorry I didn’t look at threads in console before rebooting the server. I’ll do this at another time when the scada will not work properly.

P.S. Ignition is x32; MaxHeapSize is 1500 MB (file ignition.conf)
logs.bin.gz (270 KB)

Hi everyone!

New day and the same problem. Now I see the same error (“Not enough quota…”) and one thread is blocked.

I have attached files from console.
logs.bin.gz (193 KB)
thread-dump.txt (54.4 KB)

There have been quite a few changes that were made to the OPC-COM module for 7.6.4 which was just released today. Could you try updating and let me know if you run into the same problems?