Ignition 7.6.4 build Siemens PLC Communiation Problem

Hello All,

I was earlier using 7.3.7 version on Fedora 14 linus to communicate with AB/Mitsu/Siemens PLCs. I recently upgraded to latest version to avoid bugs in earlier versions. So currently I am using 7.6.4 version. But I observed that my Siemens PLC is shown connected under STATUS tab but when I open Designer and check under SQL Tags Browser, my tags shows ? symbol before tag names which means it is not reading PLC tags actually.

I am using Siemens S7-315-2PN/DP PLC with firmware3.1/3.2

I have not yet tested with AB PLC. But I will check in a day or two and update the same.

Can somebody help me with this?

Thanks
Ashish

What errors, if any, are you receiving in the Ignition Gateway Console?

Hello Greg,

I do not get any errors on system console regarding communication of siemens plc. I have attached system console log file. I have also attached some of screen shots for your reference of my project. The same project works without any errors on 7.3.7.
I guess I have not made any mistake in defining the tags. e.g. [Siemens]DB510,REAL0…

Plese correct me if I am wrong here.

Thanks,
Ashish

Are you able to call Tech Support?

1-800-266-7798

Hello Greg,

I cant call you as I am at remote location. Is there any other way to give support?

Thanks,
Ashish

What scan class are these tags using?
Can you attach a screenshot of the diagnostics page for the device. This can be found in the Ignition gateway under Configure>OPC-UA>Devices. To the right of the device you will find a diagnostics link.

Hello Greg,

Thanks for feedback,

I am using default scan class in Tag Definition. I have attached screen shots for Diagnostics page under Configure>OPC-UA>Devices.

I have also attached screen shot for Tag Definition which display the Tag address, scan class etc.

Thanks,
Ashish

Is this of any help?
http://www.inductiveautomation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=11404