Ignition 8.0.2 RC1 : Problem with com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.script.builtin.SecurityUtilities

Hi,

We are using com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.script.builtin.SecurityUtils in our vision module to get the username of the logged in user.

import com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.script.builtin.SecurityUtils
SecurityUtilities.getUsername()

This is working fine on 8.0.0 as well as 8.0.1 however when I installed the module on 8.0.2 and try to launch the component, I get following error –

SerializationException: Error deserializing element "<c"
	caused by NoClassDefFoundError: com/inductiveautomation/factorypmi/application/script/builtin/SecurityUtilities
	caused by ClassNotFoundException: com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.script.builtin.SecurityUtilities

Ignition v8.0.2-rc1 (b2019052016)
Java: Azul Systems, Inc. 11.0.3

SDK version used : 8.0.1

Request to please let me know if there are changes in the API and/or any alternative to find out logged in username.

Looks like this was renamed.

Let me check to see if it’s intentional and if we can rename it back to its original before the 8.0.2 release.

The renaming was intentional, but the side effects weren’t. We’ll rename it back for release.

Thank you, so we will not need any code changes to the module.Will wait for the release version.

1 Like