Ignition 8 Gateway Randomly Stops

Hi there,

I have used Ignition for many years now without any issues. Now that we have transitioned to 8 I noticed that randomly the gateway will stop. The clients will show the Gateway Connection Lost popup and if I look in the services of the computer it shows the Ignition Gateway as stopped. I have set it now to restart if lost which helps but the gateway is still lost randomly and I know its not a networking issue as it loses itself on the computer running the gateway as well. Anyone have any ideas? or had similar issues.

There should be something in the wrapper log or in your server’s event log.

Just checked the server event log and there is this error :slight_smile:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Specified historical sink ‘Alarming’ does not exist.

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.history.HistoryManagerImpl.storeHistory(HistoryManagerImpl.java:166)

at com.inductiveautomation.gateway.tags.history.actor.HistoryActorFactory$DelayedEvaluationContainer.process(HistoryActorFactory.java:887)

at com.inductiveautomation.gateway.tags.history.actor.HistoryActorFactory$DelayedEvaluationContainer.run(HistoryActorFactory.java:848)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

could that be the cause?

Probably not. If you don’t know what to look for, you should really contact support.

I noticed I was on version 8.0.4 . I just upgraded to 8.0.10. I am hoping that fixes the problem. If not I will contact support. Just curious to see if anyone else was having the same issue