Ignition 8 Perspective Help

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me the Python script that can allow me to get a component from a different view in perspective. I am still trying to figure this one out myself by reading ignition 8’s manual and testing it out myself.
Thank you for your time!

Have you looked at system.perspective.sendMessage at all?
https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC80/system.perspective.sendMessage

I have. I actually tried to figure that function for a different problem 2 weeks ago but ended up giving up on it because I could not figure how to make it work. I am unaware you can use that for this application.

It was pointed out because you can’t access a component in a different view. Unlike Vision’s templates, Perspective views are isolated.

Ah I see. Well, back to the drawing board for me then. Thank you!

If you clarify what you’re attempting to do, there’s a good chance we could help you complete the objective here.

1 Like

Thank you but I resolved it already. I did not want to use the perspective dropdown because of the looks of it. I personally feel that it doesn’t look as good in perspective than in vision. I was thinking up maybe having a pop up since the dropdown will only have to cycle between 3 possible options.
Thank you for your time and your offer though

If you’re not a fan of how it looks, you can change the appearance my modifying style attributes.

1 Like