Ignition and Studio 5000 Emulator

I am currently using Docker with my Ignition project. I have established communication with Ignition and a Rockwell Controller v.32.
I am now trying to establish communication between ignition and a Rockwell Emulate Controller. I have been unable to complete this task.

Has anyone been able to complete this task? Is it possible?

Thanks

There's probably extra steps due to Docker, but you may still find this thread helpful:

In particular, I would start at this post in the thread:

1 Like

If you're just looking to verify OPC paths, just export to L5X (after disabling any source protection) and use @pturmel's Ethernet/IP module to import the L5X into a host device.

You won't get any sort of IO simulation, as if simulating a PLC, but your connections will work and you can change tag values and watch the changes happen in real-time.

Also note, small difference with how arrays of BOOLs are handled in the Logix driver and Phil's module.

Stay tuned. Major improvements to this part of the driver almost ready to post.

1 Like

I highly recommend moving to FactoryTalk Logix Echo if you don't have a firmware limitation,it's the new emulator software that supports v33+. Leaps and bounds better than RSEmulate and works with the Ethernet/IP driver. You can also move to using FactoryTalk Linx OPC-UA server potentially too, it performs better than Ignition's driver.

As noted in that other post, Emulate 5000 version 35 supports Studio 5000 projects up to version 35, but for the Logix L7x families and older, back to version 20. And, carefully configured, is compatible with Ignition's native Logix driver and my alternate Generic EtherNet/IP Client.

Logix Echo is the only tool that supports emulating the Logix L8x families.

Not that high a bar. :grinning:

If you want to avoid deploying Windows in your production LAN (and you should want that), consider my alternate driver. { /shameless plug }