Ignition and zenOn

Hi , I want to know what’s the difference between this different scada platform ; ignition , zenOn and Citect …
Thank you all

Please edit your question to explain what your research has shown you and what you don’t understand. That way you will avoid people wasting their time writing answers containing information you already know.

1 Like

Of those three i have only used Ignition, but i have used other big named brand scada, and usually the big thing is licensing. Ignition is really nice in that there is a truly unlimited version, that’s not easy to come by with the other guys. Also you get access to some basic support with no support agreement with Ignition. The zenOn manual that’s just for licensing is 131 pages long so yea…

I am pretty biased on the topic, if you can’t tell (;

1 Like

The little i have worked with citect made me feel its big, clunky and hard to work with to achieve anything in it.

2 Likes

Citect was the standard I worked with for years before Ignition. It was great in 2002. Not so much now. It’s annoying every time I have to work on something old that’s still on it, and we plan to replace the last installation we have with Ignition as soon as development time allows.

2 Likes