Ignition as a digitalization platform

There is a requirement for end to end digitalization of a captive power plant and other plants of a large group of companies. Most probably they must already be having some SCADA/DCS/PLCs on their plant floor.

Can Ignition be proposed as the platform for their end to end digitalization requirements? Most probably they want to use AI/ML/Predictive Maintenance, efficiency improvements, MIS/MES integration of plant floor to top floor, etc.etc.

I would like to discuss thru this forum if Ignition has been used for such an application. What are the topics covered under the scope of digitalization of Ignition and in general what are the things generally covered under the umbrella term digitalization?

I searched for the term digitalization in the forum but couldn't find any relevant discussions hence thought of starting this new thread.

Can only a subset of modules such as DB/History, OPC, MQTT , MES etc be used just to acquire data from existing SCADA or new sensors on which analytics can be run and the digitalization functions be implemented. This central gateway can connect to all their diverse plants and provide a single platform for their organization wide digitalization requirements?

There are multiple webinars about digital transformation. These are the most recent, but I'm sure if you search for "digital transformation" in the resources, you will find more.

2 Likes