Ignition + Azure SSO + Cloud based web application firewall

I have a front-end gateway sitting in a DMZ, and I successfully setup Azure SSO, I can load the HMI by hitting the URL https://server.net:8043/data/perspective/client/HMI it redirects me to Azure login, I use my Azure creds and all is right with the world.

When exposing to the internet, I want clients to be able to hit a URL on port 80, get redirected to 443 and continue to use SSO behind a web application firewall, in this case, barracudas web application firewall.

I setup the cloud WAF and everything works well, it forwards port 80 requests over to 443 and proxy's the connection to my front end gateway to port 8043 - but SSO breaks with error 400.

I rebuilt the Azure SSO using the outside URL, no change, under networking > web server > Public HTTP Address I've unchecked the box and specified the public address url and ports 80 and 443, no change. Turned on debugging and I get the message below in my ignition logs:

com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.auth.web.strategy.WebAuthStrategyAdapterException: RelayState is empty

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.auth.web.strategy.saml.SAMLWebAuthStrategyAdapter.lambda$parseState$0(SAMLWebAuthStrategyAdapter.java:410)

at java.base/java.util.Optional.orElseThrow(Unknown Source)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.auth.web.strategy.saml.SAMLWebAuthStrategyAdapter.parseState(SAMLWebAuthStrategyAdapter.java:410)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.auth.federation.FederationRoutes.callback(FederationRoutes.java:251)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.dataroutes.Route.service(Route.java:254)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.dataroutes.RouteGroupImpl.service(RouteGroupImpl.java:61)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.dataroutes.RouteGroupCollectionServlet.serviceInternal(RouteGroupCollectionServlet.java:59)

Why? The native port for HTTPS is 443, and nothing should be going over any other protocol on the public internet. (I think you've overcomplicated this.)

so any user can simply type in "server.company.com" and it takes them where they need to go - to make it as simple for my users as possible.

But alas, the redirects are not my issue, Azure SSO breaks through barracuda web application firewall - that's the issue that needs solved. And it's broken even if you don't use the redirects, or when they are turned off for testing so the redirects are a non-issue.