Ignition Client Laucher 7.9.10-RC1 stale at Loading projects

When I run (after setup) the Ignition Client Launcher 7.9.10-rc1 this is what I get:

and here is the log file: clientlauncher.log (22.2 KB)

Anyone knows what that is?

The problem seems to be this:

ERROR [SplashFrame                   ] [10:40:38,964]: Exception during project downloads
java.io.IOException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 1027; The reference to entity "F.jpg" must end with the ';' delimiter.
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.nativelaunch.util.GatewayCommUtil.getProjects(GatewayCommUtil.java:184)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.nativelaunch.ui.SplashFrame$CommWorker.getProjects(SplashFrame.java:901)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.nativelaunch.ui.SplashFrame$CommWorker.doDownloads(SplashFrame.java:505)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.nativelaunch.ui.SplashFrame$CommWorker.doInBackground(SplashFrame.java:428)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.nativelaunch.ui.SplashFrame$CommWorker.doInBackground(SplashFrame.java:386)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 1027; The reference to entity "F.jpg" must end with the ';' delimiter.
	at java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown Source)
	at java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown Source)
	at java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
	at java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
	at java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(Unknown Source)
	at java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEntityReference(Unknown Source)
	at java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(Unknown Source)
	at java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
	at java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
	at java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
	at java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
	at java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at java.xml/com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.nativelaunch.util.GatewayCommUtil.getProjects(GatewayCommUtil.java:177)
	... 10 more

Can you share the contents of http://localhost:8088/system/projectlist ?

Ha… when I saw the log file in your replay it hit me:
I had a picture in Ignition image library (which I uploaded) with a ‘&’ sign in the picture name (J&F.jpg)…
I renamed the picture to JF.jpg and now it’s OK.

Yesterday I looked at the log file 10x times and I didn’t see it… :innocent: