Ignition Community Conference 2023

The conference is not that far off. Who's going?

{ Me! }

2 Likes
1 Like

I'll be there :slight_smile:

I plan to collect on the many beers I've been offered :wink:
I think I owe a few as well.

3 Likes

I wish. Maybe next year. I've become the de facto IT for our small company so I am swamped for the foreseeable future :frowning:

I'm swamped as well, but this is the one don't-miss conference for me this year. Excited to meet people I know from IA, the forum, and beyond. Side note, the marketing matrix should include a checkbox for "Meet the real-life @pturmel."

Any other people from the power systems industry attending? It would be great to organize an informal side event to network within our industry. Maybe a happy hour and/or a group trip to the Folsom Powerhouse historic park I found on the ICC website:

Folsom Powerhouse SHP (Marble relay panel faceplates?! I could do that in Perspective.)

1 Like

#20YO…. You must be there. We’ll be there!

1 Like

I won't be there, but if you can get a hold of a french dude from 2gi technologie, can you explain to him why he should let me use your SimAid module ?
:smiley:

Happy to! Send him my way. It might ease things if he knows I speak french. (Somewhat--enough that my french in-laws prefer my french over their english.)

Beware of the "accent marseillais" though !

Hah! I can barely distinguish Parisians from others (sister-in-law in Paris, mother-in-law in Bordeaux).

I don't know if I could do that myself, but the south is a whole different levels.
There are people I can't understand in the town I grew up in !

It's the little things that get you. It took an argument with my daughter-in-law (who also speaks some french, thanks to an exchange semester at Georgia Tech's Metz campus) to discover that "pain au chocolat" is the same thing as "chocolatine". 30+ years after first learning "chocolatine".

Oh you stumbled onto something quite touchy there. The chocolatine vs pain au chocolat thing is a running gag in France. Some say you might get kicked out of a bakery for using the wrong term for that particular area.
It's mostly a joke... I hope.

1 Like

Team chocolatine here, AXONE-IO, South West!

2 Likes

Chocolatine or pain au chocolat only the taste matter :wink:

Team Beers, from Belgium :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

All set, see you there

1 Like

Jury's still out for me! We're sending over some other engineers from other states, but not sure if i'll be going this year or not.

If there are any fellow Jiu-Jitsu practitioners coming into town for ICC, it would be great to get a group together to do a drop-in class.

2 Likes

I'm in! Here's your chance to fight a support rep if there were any tickets that you didn't like the outcome of :smile:

13 Likes

Looking forward to it, I'll be there!