Ignition designer 8.0 Where is a dark themes?

Hi, I have launched a ignition designer 8.0.6. How is possible change a white background?

Thank’s

The white background is blinding.

Only I have this problem? All development software is going dark, Ignition in reverse.

1 Like

Styling Java Swing applications (such as the designer, or Vision clients) is an extremely non-trivial affair. The look and feel changes in 8.0 ended up causing a variety of issues for running Vision clients, and we’ve already officially ‘closed’ the suggestion to add a dark theme to the Ignition Designer on our ideas portal:
https://ideas.inductiveautomation.com/ignition-features-and-ideas/p/dark-mode

There is a dark theme available for Perspective (that will be significantly enhanced in a large theme revamp coming sometime soon-ish). For the foreseeable future, the Designer won’t be getting any other themes.

1 Like

Meh. I’m old enough to have seen this fad before. It’ll last only until businesses tally the ergonomic costs (eye-strain related productivity losses), sometimes as actual costs.

White background with black text wins in the end. Any less overall brightness+contrast yields more eyestrain. If you think about how the human eye’s pupil works, and its impact on depth of field, it’ll help one understand why.

4 Likes