Ignition Designer Keeps Crashing

I am using Ignition 7.9.10. Things were going fine till end of work yesterday/this morning. Now I can barely get a single change done and saved before Designer crashes. I am using it in a Windows 7 VM, but that hasn’t seemed to have had any issue on it in the past.

I don’t see any errors other than my instance just stops responding. Anyone else have this issue/fix it? I’ve tried restarting the gateway, my VM and my physical computer to no affect.

If it’s a JVM crash you should be able to find some hs_err_pidNNNN.log files from the crashes, maybe in your home directory. If you can find and upload one of those it might help.

Unfortunately there are no new hs_err_pidNNNN.log files, only old ones. I noticed I was able to go through my project scripting and tag browser just fine, but trying to edit a specific window seemed to give a cause a freeze very quickly.

Also, it seems like my GCU just closes sometimes randomly now which I think is affecting it. It’s all very bizarre and I have no idea why it’s happening now when just yesterday it was fine, and I didn’t make any changes.

Is there anything else I can look for?

Happening the same thing on our end but with the tag browser/tag editor. Any chance you found a way/fix for this?