Ignition Edge Ubuntu installation issue

Hi,

I followed the instructions given in https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC79/Linux+-+Install.

I am running on an Intel x64 with Ubuntu 18.04.

But when it tries to start the gateway, I get this message:

WARNING: Ignition-Gateway may have failed to start.

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.installer.common/com.inductiveautomation.ignition.installer.common.actions.common.AbstractGatewayCommandAction.lambda$executeCommand$2(AbstractGatewayCommandAction.java:245)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.installer.common/com.inductiveautomation.ignition.installer.common.utils.ProcessUtils.lambda$waitForProcessToFinish$5(ProcessUtils.java:168)
at java.base/java.util.Optional.ifPresentOrElse(Optional.java:201)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.installer.common/com.inductiveautomation.ignition.installer.common.utils.ProcessUtils.lambda$waitForProcessToFinish$7(ProcessUtils.java:158)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.installer.common/com.inductiveautomation.ignition.installer.common.utils.ProcessUtils.waitForProcessToFinish(ProcessUtils.java:182)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.installer.common/com.inductiveautomation.ignition.installer.common.actions.common.AbstractGatewayCommandAction.executeCommand(AbstractGatewayCommandAction.java:244)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.installer.common/com.inductiveautomation.ignition.installer.common.actions.common.AbstractGatewayCommandAction.executeCommand(AbstractGatewayCommandAction.java:208)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.installer.common/com.inductiveautomation.ignition.installer.common.actions.common.AbstractGatewayCommandAction.executeWrapperStartCommand(AbstractGatewayCommandAction.java:147)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.installer.common/com.inductiveautomation.ignition.installer.common.actions.install.StartGatewayAction.execute(StartGatewayAction.java:55)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.installer.offline/com.inductiveautomation.ignition.installer.offline.OfflineInstaller.finishInstall(OfflineInstaller.java:401)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.installer.common/com.inductiveautomation.ignition.installer.common.ui.graphical.InstallerApplication.lambda$exitSuccessfully$16(InstallerApplication.java:473)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)

There is no other log. What am I doing wrong?

Can you get the wrapper.log file from /usr/local/bin/ignition/logs or wherever you chose to install?

1 Like

There is nothing in that folder.

What version of Ignition did you actually download and did you download the installer or zip file?

I downloaded the 8.1 version. I tried both methods (installer and zip file) and ended up with the same issue.

if you try to start the gateway with ./ignition.sh start is there any output in the terminal signaling there was an issue?

The console errors are in the first post.

No, that is the output from the installer. Im talking about running the ignition.sh shell script in the install directory from a terminal

Ok, I got the following message:

Starting Ignition-Gateway with systemd…
Waiting for Ignition-Gateway…

But the server started.

So the error I got is not an error?

I am having this same issue with 8.1.19. Did it ever get resolved?

there should be an install.log file within the ignition directory. do you see that? if so can you upload it here?

I got it worked out. I installed it like the read me file then removed it by (I can’t rememeber now) ./igntion.sh remove…

Then I did ./igntion.sh install- and then it able to start.

I was getting some java error before i did that.