Ignition Edge (V8.1.12) SQLite errors preventing start up

I am working on starting up an Ignition Edge gateway on an ARM based machine running Debian 9. When trying to start the gateway, I see a couple different errors involving SQLite in the wrapper.log file. I’ve never seen these before so I’m hoping someone else has. wrapper.log file attached.
wrapper.zip (324.5 KB)

Something’s wrong with the system_logs.idb file (in /usr/local/bin/ignition/logs/); it might just be corrupted in some way (try nuking the file and launching the gateway again) or there might be an issue with SQLite itself on your platform, but I’d try the easiest thing first.

@mleefers & @PGriffith I've run in to this as well - with Debian 9 having moved repositories to archive, the SQLiteDriver has moved beyond the last supported version for Debian 9. I manually updated it (and the couple of dependencies) from Debian 10 so that I had a minimum functioning (albeit unsupported) version so that I could run 8.1.27.

I have reached out to my hardware manufacturer (Moxa) to get an understanding on when my series (UC8100A - arm based) could have support for (preferably) Debian 11 or Debian 10. Unfortunately, it is only planned but not road-mapped.

@PGriffith - my question is do you or someone on the team know what the latest version of Ignition Edge for ARM 32-bit is supported by the last updates available for Debian 9? I know it isn't 8.1.27 and it is at least 8.1.8. I'm happy to do the work of just downloading and testing - but if someone knew already it will save me time. :slight_smile:

The last supported version for you will be 8.1.21.

In 8.1.22 we upgraded SQLite, and along with that upgrade came a dependency on a newer version of GLIBC on ARM platforms.

Release note in 8.1.22 was just:

Upgrade embedded SQLite and its JDBC driver to 3.39.2.0.

This advisory was also published prior to the release: https://support.inductiveautomation.com/hc/en-us/articles/9146075875725-Important-information-regarding-upcoming-Ignition-Release-8-1-22-and-Linux-OS-environments

(not sure if/how you go about being subscribed to those, maybe something in your IA account?)

2 Likes

Thank you for that! I will get subscribed as well :slight_smile: