Ignition Education License --- USD 99/-. Possible?

My best proposition for scalable annual subscription licensing plan:

1. 3000 tags + 5 webclients = USD 99/- per year.
  2. 5000 tags + 5 webclients = USD 119/- per year.
  3. 7000 tags + 5 webclients = USD 139/- per year.
    and so on. Just add USD 20/- for every additional 2000 tags. Add another USD 20/- for every additional 5 webclients.

For example:
4. 5000 tags + 10 webclients = USD 139/- per year.
5. Discounts available from 25,000+ tags onwards and 25+ webclients onwards.
6. They can divide the third party modules into 4 groups, GA, GB, GC and IL (individual license), and price it accordingly.

7. Cients who do NOT want annual subscription licensing plan, can always buy PERMANENT LICENSE from the above scalable licensing model.

8. Finally, the existing “unlimited tags + unlimited clients + PERMANENT LICENSE” is always available for those clients who wish to continue or buy.

9. Special licensing is available for time bound large pilot projects.

The bottom line for the scalable annual subscription licensing plan to succeed is “one million licenses in one year” sales target. What kind of road show campaign will hit that sales target?.

I think a more realistic option is 20-30% of cost of the package that you want annually, with upgrade protection included.

I think that is a great model for all sides. Kepware recently introduced annual licensing and it seems like every other software company is doing it these days. Mailbox money.

1 Like

"Become a value added reseller!!. Make money with Ignition" :wink:

The core theme of my road show campaign is, anybody and everybody can become a value added reseller and make money with Ignition.

For example, SI’s, freelancers, trainers and educational institutions can buy Ignition licenses in bulk for a discount, add value, resell and make money. What kind of values can they add?. They can give tech support, free demo project, remote engineering, consultancy services, online training, Udemy courses, customization, Jython scripting, integration with Python ML engine, Home automation projects, OPC-UA driver development and so on. Every one can showcase their skills, projects and get better jobs. I can see tremendous value for those who can provide these services in their own regional languages like Hindi, Chinese, Mandarin, French, German, Spanish, Urdu, Arabic, Irani, Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, Kannadam, Sinhalese, Bengali, Zulu and so on.

I can imagine big resellers buying Ignition bulk licenses in 1000’s, add value and pull crowds to their shops by engaging their own brand ambassadors and launching some viral teasers. Programmers can sell project templates and tools which can auto create projects. Every module vendor can open shop, add value and resell Ignition. People can generate traffic to their online shops via Twitter, FB, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Blogs. Youtube etc. Imagination is the limit.

This will create thousands of jobs and unlock hundreds of minds to innovate. Ignition will proliferate and spread like wildfire.

With just USD 99/- investment, anybody can add value and make money. Every buyer can become a seller

Ignition is a little monster. My Message to IA: "Unleash the monster"

With 2 hr demo license, value addition and reselling opportunity is impossible. Nobody can invest his time, energy, efforts and money to innovate and add value to promote a 2 hr free demo license. This is possible, only with the magic USD 99/- license.

Open your own “Ignition e-shop” in 5 minutes:

If IA decides to take the magic wand USD 99/-, the first thing it can do is to provide a link on their website which says Open your own “Ignition e-shop” in 5 minutes. This can help every registered user to click the link and launch his basic e-shop within 5 minutes. By default, the e-shop owner will get a 100% free e-shop at wordpress, a basic e-shop template with a buy Ignition button, shopping cart, billing, a link to Youtube tutorial which can help him to customize his e-shop and a mobile app to track his sales and account.

The e-shop owner can be given 2 options with IA to do business.

1. He can buy licenses in advance from IA for a discount (say 5 dollar per license and more for bulk), add value and resell. This is called “stockist” option.

2. He can link his bank account with IA, authorize the auto trader provided by his bank to buy Ignition licenses on demand and resell. In this case, the reseller will NOT get any discount from IA. This is called “on demand trading” option.

A reseller can enable either or both options by configuring the auto trader provided by his bank. IA must talk to wordpress, Amazon, Youtube and other e-commerce vendors to implement this “build Ignition-eshop” feature on IA web site.

This will create thousands of e-shops and value added resellers. Even one reseller can buy from another reseller, add his value and resell. Ignition can provide a database link for buyers to analyse the VAR’s by various criterion like user ratings, number of licenses sold, regional language support, service key words and so on.

"Ignite the minds, Ignite the passion and set automation on fire with Ignition :wink: "

If you want this to happen, your best bet is to contact your sales rep.

6 Likes

Amazing soap-box session. If you have all the answers, maybe you need to find some capital and get your own startup going. IA has a solid business plan, and not every private business wants to rule the world, some like to play in the sandbox they chose to play in. Getting huge is not everyone’s dream…but if it’s your dream, go do it yourself!

6 Likes

I guess it is safe to say R.Alamsha was on the right track over two years ago? Ran into this while looking for Ignition Maker Editor. Great foresight R.Alamsha.

Well, he was off by USD 99. :laughing:

4 Likes

Our goal with the Ignition Maker EditionTM is to empower makers and hobbyists to create innovative automation solutions outside of work, and to provide a gateway for learning about Ignition. To make it as easy as possible to launch and build, we chose to support only one visualization system instead of two. That's why we've included Ignition's most modern visualization module, Perspective.

I'm 99% confident this statement is double-speak for "we won't have the vision module in 9.0.0".

By the time 9.0.0 is released the "Vision" name will have been repurposed for the module responsible for displaying the HMI on your corneal implant.

3 Likes

Ohhhh I cant wait for that neuralink module :laughing:

I’m printing this out and framing it so work hard please :star_struck: