Ignition Gateway Stopping

We have a development PC at our shop. Here lately the Gateway will stop at random. Sometimes several times a day, sometimes just a couple. There are times when it is hard to get it restarted, there are times that clicking the play button causes it to take right off…

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this starting to hinder our productivity.

I am pretty certain you will ask for files to view. If you would be so kind to tell me where I might find these in your response?
Thanks.

First off, what version of ignition?

Second, do you see any errors in the logs? How to see them varries slightly between versions I believe, but the basic way to do this is open the Ignition gateway (If you’re on the machine where you installed Ignition, it will be localhost:8088 typically)

Click on the “Status” button in the top row of menu buttons (may require you to login), under the “diagnostics” area on the left hand side, find the option that says “Logs”

Abishur’s definitely off to the right start - in addition, if you’re having trouble finding the web logs you can navigate to Program Files/Inductive Automation/Ignition/logs/ (or /var/log/ignition if it’s a Linux install) and look at the wrapper.log files. These are plain text files that get automatically appended with all logged system events.

Thanks all. I have attached the wrapper file. Ignition is 7.8.5.

Also, I disabled 2 of the transactions you will see in the log file. One was from the IA Demo and another from a project we shipped out and did not disable. (Disabled just before this post)

*Trying to attach wrapper
wrapper.zip (138 KB)

hmm… scanning through the log file right there, I’m seeing some lines that say

“Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space”

Not sure if this is causing it to lock up, but it’s possible it could be contributing. I would check out increasing the size of the Java heap and seeing if that helps.

support.inductiveautomation.com … on_for.htm