Ignition Historian after upgrade from 7.9 to 8.1 works only partially

Howdy folks,

we have upgraded from 7.9 to 8.1 recently (both SQL DB and Ignition are running on new servers). Unfortunately, before live migration, the Historian was accessible to the new server and historian got overwritten with the youngest backup from old database server used by old Ignition server.

After the go-live, I got involved. I tried various combination of fixes in various tables to link data, scanclasses etc. with drvid for the newest Ignition servers. No luck, though. That has led me to create completely new Historian DB and Ignition was let in. Unfortunately, it did not populate all the tables it created, however copying over from old database the records necessary to link drvid, scanclass, partitions and tags, I at least have historian enabled tags writing to Historian DB and at the same time, having Ignition capable of reading those values and showing them to user.

Currently, the new historian is the only historian on the particular server

What does not work:
Ignition has insomnia in the question of historian enabled tags:

In background, the error listed in the console pertains to the error in the foreground

thank you in advance for any feedback

Hi @szcz,

I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with this issue.

Given that it sounds like a lot of modifications have been made to your database tables, it may take someone getting familiar with how everything is currently tied together in order to figure out what's going wrong here. In which case, I would suggest reaching out to our support department to see how they may be able to help: https://support.inductiveautomation.com/

Hi MTekin,

yes, I am already in touch with your support personnel, although oddly enough, the problem seems to fix itself. We do not know what has caused the fix as the Ignition recovered itself and historical data is stored, retrieved and displayed as per our needs and also the historian tag browser offers all the historian-enabled tags. It's a mystery.