Ignition in my own words, whats yours?

This is how i describe ignition in my own words.

Ignition is like the C++ of data engineering. Its capabilities include, but are certainly not limited to, data integration, collection, transmission, storage, visualization, and reporting.

I once wondered whether technologies like Ignition, databases, MQTT, and event streaming platforms such as Kafka would remain relevant in this age of AI.

I am now a firm believer that these technologies will, in fact, become even more essential in the age of AI. This will demand more robust database schema design, stronger data governance, nothing less than standardized and normalized data structures, well-managed data infrastructure, and even more stringent security measures.

At the end of the day, I want to thank Inductive Automation for creating Ignition. It's an incredibly versatile platform, and I believe its relevance will only grow in the age of AI.

I'd also love to hear from the community. What other capabilities of Ignition have I overlooked? What else can Ignition do in general that I haven't mentioned?

2 Likes