Ignition Installation - Server 2022

I'm trying to install Ignition 8.1.26 on Server 2022 (running as a VM). When I try to launch the installer, I see that the Ignition installer process shows up in task manager for approximately 5 seconds, and then disappears. I've tried launching the installer via the GUI as well as via admin command line. I've disabled all antivirus, installed all updates, and have restarted... any ideas?

Is there an install.log file? If so, what's in it?

No, I'm not seeing an install.log. I looked in both the install directory as well as within the user directory; there is not a ".ignition" directory.

Also to note - nothing in Windows Event Log.

@jcoffman any ideas?

can you look in your user directory for a .ignition/install/IgnitionInstaller_debug.log file and upload it here? or you can DM it to me.

Its important to note that the .ignition directory is a Hidden Folder so you need to enable View Hidden Files and Folders to see it.

I'm not seeing a .ignition directory at all. In the screenshot you can see the AppData folder, so hidden folders are indeed visible.

This user has permissions to install? a UAC prompt acceptance is required. I would have expected the Command Prompt as Administrator to work though. I would reach out to support at this point so we can get a better grasp as to whats happening here

Thanks, will do. Yes, I'm an authorized admin. I'm accepting the UAC prompt, and then I see the Ignition process start and then end after 5 seconds.

Edit: Ticket #77234

Just in case anyone else has this issue, the support recommendation was to use the 8.1.27 nightly.

1 Like