Ignition mobile doesn't start

Hi everyone i created a project and, in the project settings i enabled mobile launch, and i set java path from mobile settings but when i try to open mobile launch i get error which is in attachments

Is the Java Path relative to the gateway server?
Also, what version of Ignition are you running?

1-)Yes, it is.
2-) My ignition version is 7.9,
and thank you for reply.

On the gateway status page it will also have the minor revision of 7.9.
It might help us determine if it’s a known issue with the current version you’re using.

The status page shows ignition version 7.9.14

On the gateway -> status -> logs page
What errors do you get when launching the application?

Did you try just “java” under java path in mobile?

That’s what mine is set at and Mobile URL works ok, 7.9.12

i did it but i get the same error and thank you for reply

In the logs you have cropped the screenshot, over on the right there should be an expand option “+”

Copy and paste the relevant log entry here using the preformatted text button “</>”… 6th button in forum reply menu above text

my bad i’m sorry

java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address: JVM_Bind

at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.bind0(Native Method)

at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Unknown Source)

at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.bind(Unknown Source)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(Unknown Source)

at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(Unknown Source)

at java.net.ServerSocket.(Unknown Source)

at com.inductiveautomation.mobile.gateway.MobileVMManager.startup(MobileVMManager.java:225)

at com.inductiveautomation.mobile.gateway.MobileModuleGatewayHook$MobileSettingsRecordListener.recordUpdated(MobileModuleGatewayHook.java:203)

at com.inductiveautomation.mobile.gateway.MobileModuleGatewayHook$MobileSettingsRecordListener.recordUpdated(MobileModuleGatewayHook.java:196)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.localdb.PersistenceInterfaceImpl.notifyRecordUpdated(PersistenceInterfaceImpl.java:178)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.redundancy.RedundantPersistenceInterfaceImpl.doNotifyRecordUpdated(RedundantPersistenceInterfaceImpl.java:105)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.redundancy.RedundantPersistenceInterfaceImpl$RecordUpdateListener.recordUpdated(RedundantPersistenceInterfaceImpl.java:410)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.redundancy.RedundantPersistenceInterfaceImpl$RecordUpdateMessage.notify(RedundantPersistenceInterfaceImpl.java:463)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.redundancy.RedundantPersistenceInterfaceImpl$RecordUpdateListener.receiveCall(RedundantPersistenceInterfaceImpl.java:393)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.redundancy.QueueableMessageReceiver.receiveCall(QueueableMessageReceiver.java:47)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.redundancy.RedundancyManagerImpl.dispatchMessage(RedundancyManagerImpl.java:784)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.redundancy.RedundancyManagerImpl$ExecuteTask.run(RedundancyManagerImpl.java:805)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.execution.impl.BasicExecutionEngine$ThrowableCatchingRunnable.run(BasicExecutionEngine.java:518)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Are all the options under Configuration/Mobile/Networking at default?

Yes they are, i only changed java path

How much memory is installed on the server?

This error has me wondering if you have enough memory to support mobile clients:

In the mobile settings it has 2 gb memory

How much does your gateway server have?

it has 2 gb memory

This means some other process is occupying the port and IP address combination that the Mobile module needs.

1 Like

That seems pretty low and possible not enough for the mobile module.
IIRC, you need more memory for the sever than 2gb. I’m not certain though but I recall struggling with launching mobile on a CentOS box with 2gb of ram. Ater upping the memory I was able to launch it.

i will try thank you so much for reply.