Today when i tried to launch the Ignition from the Network

i assigned my system ip as 192.168.0.250
and the other system ip as 192.168.0.251
and

I can open the Gateway status page and Launch the Project
but when i Launch the Project, after the logon page,

I receive the following error, when i launch the project
[color=#0080FF]
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayException: Gateway Error 500: Unable to read response from Gateway.
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.newGatewayException(GatewayInterface.java:236)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.getResponse(GatewayInterface.java:304)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.sendMessage(GatewayInterface.java:206)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.sendMessage(GatewayInterface.java:197)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.DesignerGatewayConnection.loginDesigner(DesignerGatewayConnection.java:119)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.DesignerGatewayConnection.doLogin(DesignerGatewayConnection.java:53)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.AbstractGatewayConnection.loginEncoded(AbstractGatewayConnection.java:465)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.AbstractGatewayConnection.login(AbstractGatewayConnection.java:460)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.DesignerSplash.cmdLogin(DesignerSplash.java:377)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.DesignerSplash.actionPerformed(DesignerSplash.java:353)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicRootPaneUI$Actions.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.SwingUtilities.notifyAction(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyBinding(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.KeyboardManager.fireBinding(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.KeyboardManager.fireKeyboardAction(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyBindingsForAllComponents(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyBindings(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.preDispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAssertions(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: Error trying to coerce ‘-1’ to a class java.lang.Integer
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.ResponseParser.endElement(ResponseParser.java:281)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.getResponse(GatewayInterface.java:302)
… 42 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: Error trying to coerce ‘-1’ to a class java.lang.Integer
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.TypeUtilities.coerce(TypeUtilities.java:646)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.ResponseParser.endElement(ResponseParser.java:266)
… 53 more
[/color]

But tentative / parallelly I tried to Launch it from the Same system the gateway is installed in,
and i was able to work without any problem

please look into this problem,

Crashes as such / problem as such should be fixed before the system can be opted for production

thanks

Abdul
Automation Engineer,
AL TUWAIRQI GROUP
ISPC, Dammam,
SAUDI ARABIA

We have been unable to reproduce this issue. The underlying cause:

Error trying to coerce '-1' to a class java.lang.Integer

… makes me wonder if there aren’t some regional settings coming into play. What operating system are the two computers using, and what regional and language settings are they set to?

windows XP with Arabic Text Support
but i switched to english for text

And how about the machine(s) that it does work on. Any difference?

yes they are just english and arabic settings are not enabled on them

so, the problem must have been arriving from the Arabic Enabled laptops / systems

um…

Ok, that should help us narrow it down. Never would have guessed that -1 wouldn’t be considered a number. We’ll have to use a non-regional-aware number system for the system in question.

Middle Eastern Users by default has Arabic and English,
English OS with ARABIC Regional Language settings for date and time

Sure, that makes sense. Never would have guessed that it would mess up number parsing.

Trying to replicate this in-house so we can test it. I don’t even have an arabic option in my “Regional and Language Options” box - is it a windows add-on?

you can navigate to regional and language settings
and add language / check extend support to right to left languages
and under keyboard / languages select Arabic …

you may have to put windows installation cd when the system prompts,

for more information google it
or

support.microsoft.com/kb/821080