Ignition on Raspberry Pi 3 B+

Hello,

So, at my company we are trying to run an Ignition project on a Raspberry Pi. For context, we are using a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ powered by the Power Over Ethernet hat running the latest, full version of Raspbian Stretch. Here is what happens:

I open the browser, go to our gateway, and login. I then go to the bottom of the Home page and click the download link for the Client Launcher for Linux. After it has downloaded, I extract clientlauncher.sh to /home/pi/ and run the script. I then input the gateway URL and click “continue”. Finally, I launch the project in question. At this point the window for the project comes up as does the loading box, and everything seems to be loading just fine. Then everything comes to a halt as a window entitled “Error Launching” pops up with the text java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError.

We are to the point where we cannot figure out A) what is wrong and B) how to make Ignition work. I am open to any thoughts and suggestions.

I think this is a bug with the Web Browser module being present/installed… Can you try removing that and also let us know what version of Ignition you’re trying to set up?

Unfortunately in our implementation, I am fairly certain we are using the Web Browser module elsewhere; so, I cannot uninstall it.

In that case you may need to wait until the 7.9.11 release where this should be fixed already.

I see. Well, thank you for the help. Out of curiosity, when might 7.9.11 be coming out?

I think it’s going to be in May sometime. There’s a beta release available on the downloads page now.

You could probably get away with just using the 7.9.11 copy of the web browser module.

Paul, Has there been any changes on this front? One of our facilities is running 7.9.11 and this is still the error we get on Raspbian Buster on a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ or on a Pi 4.

The only issues we were aware of were supposed to be fixed by 7.9.11. If you’ve got the 7.9.11 web browser module and it’s still not working, I’d say get in contact with support.