Ignition OPC-UA Server faulted

Im having some trouble with the ignition opc server. Ive followed a number of threads regaurding DCOM setting and tried that but I seem to be getting nowhere. any ideas what im missing?

thx

com.inductiveautomation.opcua.InternalUAException: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out com.inductiveautomation.xopc.client.stack.TCPClientChannel.open(TCPClientChannel.java:246) com.inductiveautomation.xopc.client.stack.TCPClientChannel.getEndpoints(TCPClientChannel.java:84) com.inductiveautomation.xopc.client.stack.TCPClientChannel.getEndpoints(TCPClientChannel.java:72) com.inductiveautomation.xopc.client.util.ConnectionUtil.getEndpoint(ConnectionUtil.java:64) com.inductiveautomation.xopc.client.OpcUaConnection.createUaClient(OpcUaConnection.java:523) com.inductiveautomation.xopc.client.OpcUaConnection.verifyConnectionState(OpcUaConnection.java:145) com.inductiveautomation.xopc.client.FailoverAwareOpcUaConnection.verifyConnectionState(FailoverAwareOpcUaConnection.java:75) com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.opc.OPCManagerImpl$ServerWrapper.verifyConnectionState(OPCManagerImpl.java:743) com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.opc.OPCManagerImpl$OPCConnectionKeepalive.run(OPCManagerImpl.java:619) com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.execution.impl.BasicExecutionEngine$TrackedTask.run(BasicExecutionEngine.java:573) java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(Unknown Source) java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source) java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101(Unknown Source) java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodic(Unknown Source) java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method) java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source) java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source) java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source) java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source) java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source) com.inductiveautomation.xopc.client.stack.TCPClientChannel.open(TCPClientChannel.java:238) com.inductiveautomation.xopc.client.stack.TCPClientChannel.getEndpoints(TCPClientChannel.java:84) com.inductiveautomation.xopc.client.stack.TCPClientChannel.getEndpoints(TCPClientChannel.java:72) com.inductiveautomation.xopc.client.util.ConnectionUtil.getEndpoint(ConnectionUtil.java:64) com.inductiveautomation.xopc.client.OpcUaConnection.createUaClient(OpcUaConnection.java:523) com.inductiveautomation.xopc.client.OpcUaConnection.verifyConnectionState(OpcUaConnection.java:145) com.inductiveautomation.xopc.client.FailoverAwareOpcUaConnection.verifyConnectionState(FailoverAwareOpcUaConnection.java:75) com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.opc.OPCManagerImpl$ServerWrapper.verifyConnectionState(OPCManagerImpl.java:743) com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.opc.OPCManagerImpl$OPCConnectionKeepalive.run(OPCManagerImpl.java:619) com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.execution.impl.BasicExecutionEngine$TrackedTask.run(BasicExecutionEngine.java:573) java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(Unknown Source) java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source) java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101(Unknown Source) java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodic(Unknown Source) java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The OPC-UA server and the DCOM configuration have nothing to do with each other.

Let’s back up here. What are you trying to accomplish?

My ignition OPC-UA server shows status faulted and I can’t connect to my PLC. I set up a stand alone HMI program on my laptop. (server/client on the same machine) it was operating fine. I’ve now aquired the new perminent operator pc for this work cell, I transferred gateway backup from my laptop to the new pc and cannot connect to the Plc. Thank you

Ok, but now you’re talking about (I assume) you’re connection to a (the local?) OPC-UA server being faulted, and your connection to a PLC, which are again different things.

I think we’re trying to troubleshoot the connection to the local UA server here - is it set up to connect to localhost? On the left, under Ignition OPC-UA Server > Settings there’s a setting called ‘Endpoint Address’ - what’s that set to? Is it set to the correct IP for this new machine you’ve restored the backup to?

Correct, trying to troubleshoot the connection to local ignition opc server. Yes the endpoint address is set to the same ip address as the new pc. The pc ip is Static set to 10.31.18.20 and the endpoint setting for the opc server settings is also 10.31.18.20

Thanks again

Can you send your logs into support?

It really just looks like you have either the wrong IP address or port configured in your UA connection settings.

You might want to call into support and let them troubleshoot, it’s usually quicker that way.

OK, thank you. I emailed the logs into support. I’ll give them a call later this afternoon when the department can give me the cell back after their done running production. thanks for your help.

Did you ever call into support or email in the logs? I would like to know if the issue has been resolved or if you need further assistance with this.