Ignition OPC UA Server OPC UA Unknown FAULTED

I recently installed Ignition version: 8.1.0-rc1 (b2020091420) . On starting it I get OPC UA server fault: Ignition OPC UA Server OPC UA Unknown FAULTED. The error is pasted below:

UaException: status=Bad_ConfigurationError, message=no matching endpoints found
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.opcua.client.ManagedClientKt.initialize(ManagedClient.kt:127)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.opcua.client.ManagedClientKt$initialize$1.invokeSuspend(ManagedClient.kt)
at kotlin.coroutines.jvm.internal.BaseContinuationImpl.resumeWith(ContinuationImpl.kt:33)
at kotlinx.coroutines.DispatchedTask.run(DispatchedTask.kt:56)
at kotlinx.coroutines.scheduling.CoroutineScheduler.runSafely(CoroutineScheduler.kt:571)
at kotlinx.coroutines.scheduling.CoroutineScheduler$Worker.executeTask(CoroutineScheduler.kt:738)
at kotlinx.coroutines.scheduling.CoroutineScheduler$Worker.runWorker(CoroutineScheduler.kt:678)
at kotlinx.coroutines.scheduling.CoroutineScheduler$Worker.run(CoroutineScheduler.kt:665)

8.1.0-rc1 (b2020091420)
Azul Systems, Inc. 11.0.7

How to fix this error?

Was this an upgrade or a fresh install?

Are there any errors in your logs from the OPC UA server during startup?

You can probably fix this by going through the endpoint discovery process for that connection again, but it would be interesting to figure out how you’ve gotten here.

I just upgraded the previous trial version (it was of course version 8, but don’t remember exactly which version, but it was installed may be 6 months ago). I just reinstalled it on the existing version with all default options! On starting the newly installed version, I get this error! I didn’t do anything special or new or different, just ran the newly installed version! It recovered all my projects and scripts fine, except for this OPC faulted error!

Of course, I had done a mistake of deleting the .idb file from the log folder, just to clear every thing in that folder. This caused the data base error as well as OPC error, but on stopping and restarting the Ignition server ,the data base error disappeared, but OPC error continued!

Do I have to try reinstalling the Ignition and try the whole process again!

Can you upload your logs somewhere?

Unfortunately I have deleted all the logs , I think I will reinstall the ignition and generate the logs again, it may even clear this error as well!

I reinstalled the whole Ignition version, but the OPC error persists! I am attaching the log file this time.wrapper.log (58.8 KB)

In the config section of the gateway, go to that connection, choose More > Endpoint. Then click “Skip to advanced configuration” on the next page. What are those settings? Screenshot will work.

Also get a screenshot of the server settings under Config > OPC UA > Server Settings.

Screen shot -1

Screen shot-2

Okay, so you somehow have only “None” allowed in your Security Policies setting in the server configuration, but your connection is setup to use Basic256Sha256.

Change that to “None,Basic256Sha256” and restart.

1 Like

yes sir! It worked. No error now! But I don’t know how it got a value only ‘none’! Does the new installer have default value and ‘none’? Or does it take it from previous installation configuration, where I might have changed it to ‘non’ (but quite unlikely that I would have changed this value!)

Almost certainly this.

May be during testing the OPC scripting functions, I might have changed it due to some error! Perhaps I must have been advised by you to do so in case of failure of some function!

Thanks , you are a true expert on Ignition’s OPC UA server!

Yes while testing external OPC UA client accessing Ignition OPC UA server, I had changed the security settings to ‘None’ and forgot to change back to ‘None,Basic256Sha256’
see post 24 onwards in system.opc.readValue config error