Ignition OPC-UA to Ignition OPC-UA Connection Faulted

Hello all,
I am scratching my head here as to why my OPC-UA connection to a remote Ignition OPC-UA server keeps showing faulted.

I am basically following the example HERE and HERE.

My architecture is the following.

I am trying to use the OPC-Tunneler to communicate with a legacy OPC-DA server on a remote machine. The remote machine has Ignition OPC modules 8.1 installed on it. The remote machine is discoverable by the Main Ignition Gateway. The remote machine is operating under trial mode at the moment. Is there a way to pinpoint what is causing the failure?

Thanks in advance.

What's the error you're getting? Have you configured the remote OPC UA server to bind to 0.0.0.0 and allow external connections or is it still in its default configuration where only connections from localhost will work?

Kevin,
Thanks for the reply. The remote server is default except the following:

Binding: localhost,10.192.1.25
Endpoint: < hostname >,< localhost >, 10.192.1.25

These are the only settings i’ve changed. After making the above changes, the remote server was discoverable on the Main gateway.

If you view the OPC connections in the status area of the Gateway you should be able to click on the faulted status and get an error message and stack trace.

Try putting this string as 10.192.1.25,< hostname>,< localhost> instead... for some reason putting IPs before tokens has made a difference for me in certain cases.

Also, try restarting the OPC-UA module. And, if that doesn't work, you might want to try a full gateway restart - that also made a difference for me once vs just restarting OPC-UA.

(Credit to @pturmel on these ideas when I was struggling with OPC-UA server settings)

Okay i’ll try that this morning.

Kevin,
See Faulted Text below.

UaServiceFaultException: status=Bad_UserAccessDenied, message=User does not have permission to perform the requested operation.
at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.stack.client.UaStackClient.lambda$deliverResponse$5(UaStackClient.java:337)
at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.stack.core.util.ExecutionQueue$Task.run(ExecutionQueue.java:119)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

8.1.27 (b2023042509)
Azul Systems, Inc. 11.0.18

Hmm, I thought the default user and passoword are: opcuauser & password?

It is, make sure you typed it in correctly, and make sure the remote server is still using the default OPC UA auth profile and that auth profile still has this default user with the default password.

awwwww.. I must have been fat fingering it!!!

1 Like

Thanks you guys for the help!

Thanks for this. I was having the same issue - it apparently wasn't binding when I had the IP at the end. Moved it to the front, and restarted the gateway, and bada bing, I was at least getting a connection.