Ignition Perspective mobile application login issues

I have a project that can be accessed using the Ignition Perspective application. Currently when I clik on the login button on the default login screen it opens a browser where I need to fill in my username and password. The problem is that it does not go back to the Perspective application when the login is successfull. The application keeps waiting on the login proces to finish and can not be used.

The application has worked in the past. But has not been used for about two month’s. The connection is made to the gateway over the internet via a public IP-address.

I have tried/checked the following:

• On an Android phone with two different default browsers (chrome and samsung browser).
  • On an iPhone with two different default browsers (chrome and safari)
  • Both phones updated to the newest software.
  • The perspective application updated to the newest software on both phones.
  • Updating the gateway to the newest version (8.1.10)

The application can be used using a browser but this would not be ideal. Is this a know issue and is there a solution to the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Try this [BUG] Error at Perspective Session Authentication in Browser - #6 by jspecht

Otherwise there are a few topics already related for this

Sorry, should have said that I already search through the forum and found no possible solutions. There is a post about roughly the same problem, but that has no solution as well.

(see Perspective App opens Safari on login--cannot get into app, though it runs fine in Safari)

I have the same problem, but only when connecting through reverse proxy with NGINX. My NGINX config is fully functional as I can launch perspective projects via a web browser and the mobile application on both Android and iOS devices.

I can recreate the following scenarios on Ignition versions 8.0.17, 8.1.7 and 8.1.10.

With the perspective app connected to the Ignition Gateway without reverse proxy, these are the session details observed on the gateway (note the Session Scope = Mobile, iOS).
When a login event is triggered the perspective app presents a login dialog within the app that functions as expected.

With the perspective app connected to the Ignition Gateway with reverse proxy, these are the session details observed on the gateway (note the Session Scope = Designer).
The project is functional within the perspective app except when attempting to authenticate. When a login event is triggered the perspective app redirects to the device’s default browser with the webpage login dialog. After entering credentials, the browser becomes a new perspective session which is now authenticated and does not redirect back to the perspective app.

I’m guessing that the reverse proxy connection is missing a header or something similar. Working on trying to diagnose further with a network protocol analyzer.

Does anyone at IA (or in this community) know what would trigger the perspective app to redirect to device’s default web browser instead of the app’s internal login dialog? Or what would cause the perspective session’s scope to be ‘Designer’ instead of ‘Mobile, iOS’?

2 Likes