Ignition Perspective Powerchart tag path is not returning the correct case

Hello everyone,

I noticed an issue with the Power Chart tag, I'm trying to parse the selected tag path (selected via Tag Browser) from props.

getChild("PowerChart").props.pens[0].data.source

I noticed the path is all lowercase, which doesn't work well with my script since system.tag.queryTagHistory is case sensitive in perspective scripts. (somehow it's not in the script console)

histprov:default_db:/drv:test1:default:/tag:ssvs/cameras/camera mode

The actual path is actually:

[default]SSVs/Cameras/Camera Mode

so when I use it with queryTagHistory, it doesn't work with it being lower case. When I correct the cases, it'll magically work again.

Again, suprisingly with the script console, case doesn't matter, doesn't even need the tag provider. Not sure why.

So the main question is, is there a way to get the tag path from the Power Chart with the correct case? Or must I correct the path everytime?

Thanks

version? there was a recent change to this, idk what it was tho

1 Like

Hi, so I’m on 8.1.10, and I came across this too, I looked at the change log but I’m not sure if it’s refering to my issue (see below). I can’t update my gateway right now since there some inhouse protocol to that and I’m not in charge…

Are you on 8.1.14? can you see if the tag source is all lowercase on your end? :grin:
Cheers ^^

This is not a matter of lower/upper case.
I think this path histprov:default_db:/drv:test1:default:/tag:ssvs/cameras/camera mode is incorrect somewhere.

If you use this path in lower case I bet it will still work

[default]SSVs/Cameras/Camera Mode

Proving the historical path is not case sensitive

No it doesn't work in perspective scripts, I've tried multiple times

dataSet = system.tag.queryTagHistory(paths= ['ssvs/cameras/camera mode'] ....) #bad
dataSet = system.tag.queryTagHistory(paths= ['SSVs/Cameras/Camera Mode'] ....) #good

However both will work with the script console, just not in perspective scripts

Are you sure it is case-sensitivity? Instead of failing to include the tag provider? As required in gateway scope?

2 Likes

Hi, sorry the the late reply, we were updating to 8.1.14 and we no longer have the problem. But to answer your question on our end we did had the tag provider in the path. Since I can’t reproduce the problem anymore I’ll say the problem is solved :slight_smile:

Cheers all

Running 8.1.17, I'm having the same issue where i dont need the drv:

histprov:DB:/drv:ignition-ussfa1igntpap01:default:/tag:bb/cl4/line_speed_sp #Bad

histprov:DB:/ignition-ussfa1igntpap01:default:/tag:bb/cl4/line_speed_sp #Good

Once I removed drv: the tags starts displaying in the chart. Otherwise, it would say

By removing drv:, you are causing the qualified path parser to discard ignition-ussfa1igntpap01:default. (Really, causing that string to be considered a qualifier.)

Since the :/tag: fragment supplies a tag path, and a tag path is usually sufficient to obtain the parts supplied by :/drv, it is working by chance.

If you then edit the pen in the PowerChart, it likely is "fixing" the drv to be syntactically correct. You should inspect that, and compare to the part you are forcing it to ignore. I suspect a case mismatch. Quite likely the leading I in Ignition.

I tried comparing them on the extraConnectionname on the gateway side and they matched. it started after we migrated to version 17 from 8.1.10 and moved to a different server

Did you move the data to a new database server?

yes that is correct!

What I suspect happened is that the DB connection was named slightly different and so a "different" historical driver is now in play.

Examine the sqlth_drv table in the database and insure that the proper name is in that table and associated with the correct provider.

they seem to be the same on the MSSQL . what do mean ensuring that is associated with the correct provider?.

The :/drv qualifier takes a gateway name and a realtime tag provider name. I suspect your gateway name has changed.

It would be data in the table. Not properties of the table.

yes, we changed the gateway name to match the server name that we migrated to.

Then you have to include that, case sensitive, in the drv specification.

I copied and pasted the system name and the pen disappeared form the graph. when I went to props the pen was still there but it did not work