Ignition project recover

I have all the data not zipped from a container that was running my project. I was making changes and it crashed the container, and now it cannot be started. the changes were not related to the Ignition project.

How can I recover the project? I do have all the files from the container still. I have all the ignition data from /var/lib/bin/ignition/data. Now, how do I recover the data from it? i have other files if needed to

let me know if any additional information is needed

I believe that if you if you zip up the files under Ignition/data/projects/YourProjectName/, you'll have something equivalent to a project export.

That did not work. My solution ended up being that I committed my Docker, so it became its own image. Then, I started a new container with that new image, with the ports set up as well.

Replace CONTAINER_ID with the actual ID or name of your container: docker commit CONTAINER_ID new_image_name

Then check your Docker images: docker images. You should see new_image_name in the list.

Replace 9002 with any available port if needed: docker run -d --name new_container_name -p 9002:8088 new_image_name

This is how I was able to recover the data; it just started the container with the old filesystem and reset other settings.

1 Like