Ignition Reporting module - Report designer not open

We are using Ignition Version 8.1.7.

We have added few reporting parameters like Flow total etc. in the existing report.

After that report won’t showing design or preview. Throwing below error while preview.
image

We had tried two times, however not able to open design once close after update the tags.
Detailed found in the gateway log

INFO | jvm 1 | 2021/11/03 04:19:23 | W [o.e.j.w.c.e.JettyAnnotatedEventDriver] [10:19:23]: Unable to report throwable to websocket (no @OnWebSocketError handler declared): com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.comm.WebSocketChannel
INFO | jvm 1 | 2021/11/03 04:19:23 | org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.api.CloseException: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Idle timeout expired: 300013/300000 ms
INFO | jvm 1 | 2021/11/03 04:19:23 | at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.common.io.AbstractWebSocketConnection.onReadTimeout(AbstractWebSocketConnection.java:567)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2021/11/03 04:19:23 | at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection.onFillInterestedFailed(AbstractConnection.java:172)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2021/11/03 04:19:23 | at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.common.io.AbstractWebSocketConnection.onFillInterestedFailed(AbstractWebSocketConnection.java:540)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2021/11/03 04:19:23 | at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.failed(AbstractConnection.java:317)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2021/11/03 04:19:23 | at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.onFail(FillInterest.java:138)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2021/11/03 04:19:23 | at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractEndPoint.onIdleExpired(AbstractEndPoint.java:407)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2021/11/03 04:19:23 | at org.eclipse.jetty.io.IdleTimeout.checkIdleTimeout(IdleTimeout.java:171)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2021/11/03 04:19:23 | at org.eclipse.jetty.io.IdleTimeout.idleCheck(IdleTimeout.java:113)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2021/11/03 04:19:23 | at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2021/11/03 04:19:23 | at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2021/11/03 04:19:23 | at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2021/11/03 04:19:23 | at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2021/11/03 04:19:23 | at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2021/11/03 04:19:23 | at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
INFO | jvm 1 | 2021/11/03 04:19:23 | Caused by: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Idle timeout expired: 300013/300000 ms
INFO | jvm 1 | 2021/11/03 04:19:23 | … 8 common frames omitted
INFO | jvm 1 | 2021/11/03 04:19:23 | I [p.DesignSession ] [10:19:23]: WebSocket disconnected from session. session-project=xxx

Please help.

Unfortunately this stack trace doesn’t have the NPE in it.

On the Gateway’s file system, in your Ignition folder you can go to data/projects//com.inductiveautomation.reporting/reports and remove the folder that corresponds to the name of your report (copy it somewhere else if you don’t want to lose the report) – this will let you get the designer open. (You may need to wait a few minutes for the gateway to realize the resource is gone, but I don’t think you’ll need a gateway restart on 8.1.7)

If one of the files in that folder is 0k then it got corrupted you’ll need to replace it from a backup. If that’s the case, you might want to consider updating to a more recent version of Ignition. If that’s not the case, you might want to contact support so they can help you figure out what the issue is.

Thank you Kathy.

I had call with IA Support and he collected the work report and non working, which is not opened in design mode. He will review further. Also, he did not find any suspicious/error in the GW logger.

As you mentioned above I got the report folder
“C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition\data\projects\Eagle\com.inductiveautomation.reporting\reports” and it has two files one is data.bin (724kb) and resource.json (1kb).

Further, I renamed that folder and found that the new report folder generated again with report name after saving the project.