Ignition tags from 7.9 to 8.1 are slower now

Hello everyone

I have the following problem, we migrated an application originally made in ignition 7.9, the response in writing, reading and animation is fast as needed but when running in igniton 8.1 the application does not respond the same, the reading and writing is slower in general.

We export tags and windows manually

I detected that in version 7.9 in the Scann Class property the Slow rate configuration is different from the common ones (if the value varies the application goes slower or faster)

In the ignition tag groups of version 8.1, this configuration is not the same.

Any suggestions on what I can do to return the response speed in version 8.1?

I'd start with setting the Rate to 500ms, same as what you had on the v7.9 'slow rate'.

What would be the equivalent configuration in the tag group for Slow rate?
I already tried changing the Rate but the response doesn't really improve.

Slow rate in v7.9 becomes Leased/Driven rate in v8.1. But it will only be shown/used when the Mode is Leased or Driven.

v7.9 would show all properties, even when not applicable.

Are you sure you've set up your tag groups identically? (Or perhaps there's an upgrade bug in that .)

By any chance are you seeing any tags in this provider that did not exist before? Specifically tags that likely would exist in the System provider (like a Gateway or Client folder). There is a known issue where, depending on the 7.9 upgrade path over the years, a tag provider ID can be duplicated with the System provider. This can cause issues with Tag Groups as well.

If you see System Tags within the provider, I would recommend calling support so that they can help get the issue resolved.

Even if you don't have this issue, I would recommend calling them and attempting to work through the issue with them.

Garth