Ignition Tags Not Matching S7-400 Output Addresses

Hi,

The IO I am reading is Q216.6 and Q216.7.
Addressed like so using Ignitions driver, [Device Name]QX216.6

Tag diagnostics and gateway logs are not showing any issues, yet the tags are intermittently turning off and back on yet the outputs do not change state in the PLC.

This is also happening with other output addresses in the 210.x and 211.x ranges.

The tags are read only in ignition and nothing is attempting to write to them.

Cheers
Matt

It may be that the PLC bit is off for 1 scan, and you can't see it flicker in the VAT table. Add a line of code that sets an M bit when Q216.6 is off.

The Ignition Tag updates less frequently and if it catches the bit off every once in a while it will display that off for the 'update time' probably 1 second...

I have just test this with the below logic and confident the output is on continuously.

Observed the output flicker in Ignition while the latch is not being set.

Looks like a bug. You should create a support ticket. (This forum is not support.)

Can you get a Wireshark capture of the comms between Ignition and the PLC while one of these "flickers" occur? Support can help you with this if you're not comfortable doing it on your own.

I contacted iControls Brisbane, they walked me through the Wireshark capture and will be creating the support ticket.

Resolved the issue.

The addresses are profibus coupler addresses.
Another area of the program moves data block bits to these output addresses.

This block move does not show in a cross reference making it appear like the outputs were only being written once.

Quick patch up of the program and everything works ok.