Ignition to MYSQL error

Please help me fish out the problem

java.sql.SQLException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES))
at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.BasicDataSource.createPoolableConnectionFactory(BasicDataSource.java:656)
at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:534)
at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:734)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.datasource.DatasourceImpl.getConnectionInternal(DatasourceImpl.java:299)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.datasource.DatasourceImpl.runTest(DatasourceImpl.java:252)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.datasource.DatasourceManagerImpl$FaultedDatasourceRetryer.lambda$newRetryRunnable$0(DatasourceManagerImpl.java:1096)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.execution.impl.BasicExecutionEngine$TrackedTask.run(BasicExecutionEngine.java:582)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:129)
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionsMapping.translateException(SQLExceptionsMapping.java:122)
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.createNewIO(ConnectionImpl.java:828)
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.(ConnectionImpl.java:448)
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.getInstance(ConnectionImpl.java:241)
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:198)
at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.DriverConnectionFactory.createConnection(DriverConnectionFactory.java:52)
at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.PoolableConnectionFactory.makeObject(PoolableConnectionFactory.java:357)
at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.BasicDataSource.validateConnectionFactory(BasicDataSource.java:103)
at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.BasicDataSource.createPoolableConnectionFactory(BasicDataSource.java:652)
… 12 more

We will need more info on your setup to help.

I am new to ignition, I tried configuring connecting Ignition to MySQL database, but got the error.
What additional info would you have me send?

That’s perfectly ok, but with only the error there isn’t much to go on. Are you sure you typed the right password in?

What version of Ignition and MySQL and please show us how you set up your database connection.

Ignition 8.1 and MYSQL 8.0.28. I typed in the exact username (root) and password that I used to setup MYSQL into ignition’s database configuration settings for MYSQL. Thought it would be a smooth sail. This is from Management section, users and privileges page, and root as User option

Although the password on this MYSQL page above seems longer (hence different) from the one I used to login into it.

Did you install the driver?

We would need to see your database connection, log into the gateway web interface > settings > databases > connections > edit

All signs point to bad password though. Also its not a good practice to use the root user, you should create one for ignition to use.

Don’t mind me, I did not use the right MYSQL database scheme name. I have fixed that, It now works.
I understand the principles of database design, but just getting to be acquainted with configuration and administration.

Many thanks, Josborn, particularly for your swift response, its remarkable.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Issues connecting to MySQL