Ignition UI slow response

16:38:16.151 [SwingWorker-pool-1-thread-7] ERROR ignition.ImageLoader - Unable to create resized version of image.
com.google.common.cache.CacheLoader$InvalidCacheLoadException: CacheLoader returned null for key java.awt.Dimension[width=874,height=568].
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.getAndRecordStats(LocalCache.java:2314)
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.loadSync(LocalCache.java:2278)
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.lockedGetOrLoad(LocalCache.java:2154)
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.get(LocalCache.java:2044)
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache.get(LocalCache.java:3952)
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache.getOrLoad(LocalCache.java:3974)
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$LocalLoadingCache.get(LocalCache.java:4958)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.images.ImageLoader$ImageInfo.getScaledImage(ImageLoader.java:512)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.images.ImageLoader.loadImageMemCache(ImageLoader.java:219)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.images.ImageLoader.loadImage(ImageLoader.java:169)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.images.PathIcon$LoadImageTask.doInBackground(PathIcon.java:317)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.images.PathIcon$LoadImageTask.doInBackground(PathIcon.java:298)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I get the above error whenever i launch a page in my vision project, it takes around 4-5 seconds for page to load all components, we have many things running in parallel, like fetching data from Oracle database, displaying tags from Micro 800 series plc via Kepserverex v6.9 ( tried faster tag scan rates, doesn’t make much difference).
We are trying to pinpoint what is causing the delay, any information is appreciated.

Seems like you have some image ERROR ignition.ImageLoader - Unable to create resized version of image. that is causing the issue when being loaded. Though I can’t say for sure that THAT is what is causing your slow UI. If you do get frozen UI events, normally the ignition client logs that to the client computer - if you have any of those, that would probably be more helpful in figuring out what. They appear in the vision Log Viewer here

under a edt-watchdog heading. This will point to a file that logs what happened at that moment and that file is something you can call and show Ignition who can offer support/analysis of the file.

Also look for gateway callouts in your UI thread (foreground events, runScript, etc). Some related topics:

https://forum.inductiveautomation.com/search?q=vision%20thread%20slow%20order:latest

This is how logviewer looks in my client computer

attached edt-watchdog handling-file here
NonResponsiveEdt-2022-06-21_180350.json (58.3 KB)

Message: Non-responsive UI thread detected. Stack saved at ‘C:\Users\cceali.ignition\cache\gwbng-ad-bsbr542_8090\C1\NonResponsiveEdt-2022-06-21_180350.json’
Time: Tue Jun 21 6:03:50PM
Severity: INFO
Logger: edt-watchdog
Attached gateway log file(Unzip the file)
AndonProject_Ignition_logs_20220621-1914.zip (1.8 MB)

I don’t have any runscript command in my project

1 Like