Ignition with RS500 emulator

Well I have dived in again on Ignition. After hours of trying to figure out studio 5000 emulator connection, I am connected now to ignition perfectly with a Ethernet driver.
Now I am trying to do the same with the RS 500 emulator. I am now connected using OPC on rslinx. using quick client, I can write to tags and read from my rs 500 plc program on gateway. What's weird is that on designer, when creating a opc tag, I can add the tag but there is no value. if I click on the bool tag, and write to it, it changes on my rs 500 plc program. I can even use a momentary button and it works fine. just cant see value and on object it shows a error, but still works fine. This happened to me on studio 5000 emulator when tryin gto use opc connection. But then I used driver for ethernet and all good. Any idea what is the issue when trying to use opc connection in gate way ? I have even made a timer cycle and tried to read the acc from the timer, but same result.

Older RSLinx OPC connections have problems with subscribing to tags, IIRC. Try using a tag group with polled/read mode instead of subscribed.

Where are these options at ? Gateway or designer ?

https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/docs/8.1/platform/tags/tag-groups#tag-group-properties look for "Data Mode"

1 Like

Thank you very much. So now I know there are 2 ways to do studio 5000 emulate, one, use opc polled and other ethernet driver. RS 500 emulate only OPC polled.

1 Like